Home

Question regarding FAs in Madden 2004

This is a discussion on Question regarding FAs in Madden 2004 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-10-2003, 02:34 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Question regarding FAs in Madden 2004

Well, in Madden 2003 in the off-season it would seem the marquee players would ALWAYS resign with their team. That's okay, but usually every year there's a few guys that go to free agency and end up on a new team (Seau, Douglas, Price, etc.). But in Madden 2003 they would always resign and I could never truly improve my team. Is this "fixed" in Madden 2004? It's not really a glitch or anything, but is there anything different about the way resigning is determined? I'm hoping SOME stars don't automatically resign and I can take a run at them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2003, 02:41 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Question regarding FAs in Madden 2004

I hate how games do that too. Resigning and free agent signing should be the same time so players don't just automatically take an offer from their current team but look around and see what's the best offer they can get whether it be their current team or a new team.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:12 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

i signed quite a bit of FA's away in 2003, you guys maybe should pony up the greens more. you can't come close to matching teh incumbent team, you have to really destroy their offer.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:29 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 14

Someone on another site said that the CPU will evaluate players on a value rating (A through F) as opposed to strictly salary this year. (Don't know if that was in the game last year, I didn't have '03) He said he tried to trade J Trotter and someone else for a couple of draft picks, but the CPU refused because the two players didn't add enough value to the team. So maybe free agency will work sort of the same way. If a player isn't worth keeping from a "what does he bring to the table" standpoint maybe we'll see more free agency moves.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:17 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 17

I have this problem to in madden 2003. After a couple of years in franchise, it seems their are no "stars" in FA. I can sign FA's, but most of the time I dont even bother b/c the highest rated FA's are only like in the 70's. I hope 2004 has improved upon this b/c Free Agency blows in madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »