Home

What's the point of lowering McNabb's Stamina?

This is a discussion on What's the point of lowering McNabb's Stamina? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What's the point of lowering McNabb's Stamina?

Lowering the stamina was a tongue-in-cheek joke making fun of the whole scenario, not necessarily to degrade Donovan McNabb. However, anybody who remembers the Eagles' Super Bowl loss against the Patriots recalls T.O.'s accusation that McNabb was "dry-heaving" during their two minute drill in that game, so there is arguably a "kernel of truth" to that absurd explanation.

...Except then you watch a 41-year old Brett Favre who can barely stand on his left ankle play 4 quarters of football and then throw a game-tying TD at the end of the game. I seriously doubt McNabb is a worse athlete than the Silver Fox.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
Rookie

Kegthaplaya's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Now that he doesn't have the mobility he had when he was younger, he stinks. He's inaccurate, folds under pressure, and doesn't read defenses well.His ability to extend plays and pull a rabbit out of a hat masked those deficiencies, now that his legs are gone, everything is exposed. How many times did you see McNabb check out of a play, or point out the will( the fifth man in the protection) like every other QB in the league does ? We also know now that he can't run a two minute offense consistently. Don't get me wrong, I don't buy Shanahan's excuse that he didn't understand the terminology or lacked stamina; It just seems odd that Kolb and Vick have been fine in the 2 minute drill. We used to, as a fan base, wonder whether it was Reid who took too long to get the plays in, or whether Donny Mac just couldn't consistently run a two minute offense; we now know the answer.
Mcnabb has one of the best td:int ratios of all time (i think hes third behind brady and steve young), which is remarkable considering how many years he spent throwing to nobodys. Its not that hes inaccurate, its that he throws it in messed up places to give the defense no chance to pick it. Mcnabb really is a great qb, and really was a great qb for us, though it will probably take a while for that to sink in to the fans. He just chokes under pressure, thats all.

Im just glad Vick matured as a passer or id be really sad this season.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegthaplaya
Mcnabb has one of the best td:int ratios of all time (i think hes third behind brady and steve young), which is remarkable considering how many years he spent throwing to nobodys. Its not that hes inaccurate, its that he throws it in messed up places to give the defense no chance to pick it. Mcnabb really is a great qb, and really was a great qb for us, though it will probably take a while for that to sink in to the fans. He just chokes under pressure, thats all.

Im just glad Vick matured as a passer or id be really sad this season.
McNabb has one of the best TD to interception ratios because he waits until the WR is clearly open and then rifles the ball to the WR; he could never throw to a spot and let the WR make a play on the ball. His style of play caused him to hold on to the ball; which is the reason for his lengthy injury history. McNabb used to be a great QB; greats QBs don't frustrate their coach to the point that they'll bring in Rex Grossman. McNabb's strengths were his leg and his cannon; not his leadership ability, accuracy, or his ability to perform under pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 04:55 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
"The cardiovascular endurance that it takes to run a two-minute, going all the way down with no timeouts, calling plays, it's just not easy." Shanahan said. "If I thought it was the best situation to do, then Donovan would have run the two-minute offense."
I don't know, but if Rex Grossman is your best opportunity in a situation...you need a quarterback.

And when you bring in Jamarcus Russell...yeah.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:51 AM   #13
Rookie

Kegthaplaya's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
McNabb has one of the best TD to interception ratios because he waits until the WR is clearly open and then rifles the ball to the WR; he could never throw to a spot and let the WR make a play on the ball. His style of play caused him to hold on to the ball; which is the reason for his lengthy injury history. McNabb used to be a great QB; greats QBs don't frustrate their coach to the point that they'll bring in Rex Grossman. McNabb's strengths were his leg and his cannon; not his leadership ability, accuracy, or his ability to perform under pressure.
With Freddie Mitchell, and Reggie Brown, and Todd Stinkston, and all of the countless weapons hes had in his career, i agree he should be letting them make a play for the ball.

He would let TO make a play, and he let Desean Jackson make plays too. Maclin as well. He even let Chad Lewis, LJ Smith, and Brent Celek make plays. He was fully aware of how competent his recievers were and adjusted accordingly. I dont understand how you cant see that.

His injuries mostly all came from running the ball, so i dont understand your injury point there.

Did you ever actually watch him play or are you one of those guys whos still mad we didnt draft Smokey Williams?
Old 11-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #14
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

the point? DONNY MOORE's reaction to rating in general.

want a good laugh? follow him on twitter and watch how he talks about raising/lowering ratings after one good/bad play. he's horrible...and his too-high ratings are one of the reasons the game is bad. hell, he's one of the reasons i quit playing...if ratings are bad (their core like gameplay) the game is bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »