Home

Gus Back For Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Gus Back For Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Gus Back For 12
Yes 100 66.67%
No 50 33.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Gus Back For Madden 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
It's not so much who is doing the commentary, but how the commentary is done. Gus and Collinsworth are good commentators; however, the implementation, on EA's part, as usual, was putrid. That's the problem.

To be honest, Gus was more annoying that Hammond. Gus going nuts on Sundays is awesome; Gus saying " and no one will catch him" when the players is already five yards in to the endzone is annoying.

The commentary has to be on the level of 2k11 to satisfactory no matter who they choose.
It's not Gus's fault if his lines are behind what is happening on the field. Better timing (and adding increasing crowd noise when you use these lines) are up to the guys actually implementing the lines.

I liked Gus a lot, just didn't like how he was added. Collinsworth still calls him Tom sometimes for pete's sake.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I think that the poor commentary this year was due to gameflow. Having the coach verbally read what plays you are about to run there obviously needs to be no other commentary going on at that time but when you turn that off there is a large gap of commentary and silence.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
It's not so much who is doing the commentary, but how the commentary is done. Gus and Collinsworth are good commentators; however, the implementation, on EA's part, as usual, was putrid. That's the problem.
Yyip... what he said exactly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

I just love when I get like an 8 yrd gain to the outside and gus says DOWN THE SIDELINES WOOOOOW!!! Also when he says SAN SIEGO SUPER CHARGERS!!, or WHO DAT!!, or WHO DEYY!!

Last edited by ryan36; 11-06-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: language
Old 11-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #13
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

I find Gus to be tremendously annoying , both in the game and in real life. I'd never heard him do a real game until this year, he's done a few of the Chiefs games. I can't stand him. Al Michaels and Collinsworth would do.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #14
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I find Gus to be tremendously annoying , both in the game and in real life. I'd never heard him do a real game until this year, he's done a few of the Chiefs games. I can't stand him. Al Michaels and Collinsworth would do.
I agree, but maybe they can't get Al for some reason, or maybe he wants more than they are willing to pay. Gus isn't bad, but I think Al would mesh better with Chris.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #15
GAV
Banned

OVR: 1

Gus Johnson is annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #16
All Star

JayD's Arena

I love when you punt the ball and it goes out of bounds and he says, and the ball is downed AT THE 30 YARD LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »