Home

Gus Back For Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Gus Back For Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Gus Back For 12
Yes 100 66.67%
No 50 33.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #49
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gus Back For Madden 12?

I'm not sure if anyone realized this and I didn't read through all of the posts so it might have been mentioned but The programming makes it so Gus announces things AFTER they happen rather than AS they happen. This is what loses immersion for me personally and hopefully their new technology for next year's game will fix this.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 9

Madden's commentary is the definition of cheesy. Gus Johnson has unrealistic enthusiasm that does not flow well at all. Classic example of this is the shameless plug brought to you by VERIZON!" smh. I went on record YEARS ago suggesting to leave Madden and Al Micheals in and unfortunately, I was absolutely right, every year since.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 07-03-2011, 02:36 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

I loved Gus for about a month, then he became more insufferable to listen to than the usual played-out commentary from prior maddens.

One day, I hope they let us choose from 3-4 defferent color commentators, and have the top crew do the SB. Something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 02:41 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Something between Hammonds (too dry) and Gus (over-the-top) would be nice. I want excitement, but I don't need someone getting jacked-up about a 23 yard kick return.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #53
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

I like Gus but I pretty much agree with what has been said so far, so no need for me to repeat it. If they can fix some of the things that has been brought up in this thread, along with finally being able to implement storyline broadcasting, game to game, season to season. If I win the Super Bowl back to back, I don't want Gus to be repeating what he said the first time I won. Make it feel special, like "Once again the Packers are the top team in the NFL, they came from the 6th seed to win Super Bowl 45 and this year they won the division, claimed the first seed and won their second straight Super Bowl."

As for game by game, that's where the banners in between plays come in, if a QB is struggling for the first 5 games, let Gus and Chris bring that up. Ex: "The Giants defensively have been great this season(insert defensive rank here) but the play of Eli Manning has really been hurting the team Chris." (Insert Graphic of his QB rating, TD to INT ratio average over the first 5 games) Chris: "Gus, take a look here, 6 INTs to only 1 TD over the first 5 games, if Eli doesn't improve in this game or the rest of the year the Giants will be looking at missing the playoffs again."

If they could go back and really add that type of storyline stuff to the game that would make commentary 10 x better by itself. If I'm the Lions, and I have them battling for a WC spot, I would want a graphic showing the battle for the Wild Card and them talking about the last time the Lions made the playoffs, if I'm the Ravens and happen to play the Steelers in the playoffs, I would want Gus to bring up how the Ravens can't get past the Steelers in the playoffs bringing up the divisional round game and the 2008 AFC Title game. Go back and use past seasons and reflect upon those seasons if it is necessary.

Last edited by goravens2052; 07-04-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:41 AM   #54
Rookie

MrMosinNagant's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
I like Gus but I pretty much agree with what has been said so far, so no need for me to repeat it. If they can fix some of the things that has been brought up in this thread, along with finally being able to implement storyline broadcasting, game to game, season to season. If I win the Super Bowl back to back, I don't want Gus to be repeating what he said the first time I won. Make it feel special, like "Once again the Packers are the top team in the NFL, they came from the 6th seed to win Super Bowl 45 and this year they won the division, claimed the first seed and won their second straight Super Bowl."

As for game by game, that's where the banners in between plays come in, if a QB is struggling for the first 5 games, let Gus and Chris bring that up. Ex: "The Giants defensively have been great this season(insert defensive rank here) but the play of Eli Manning has really been hurting the team Chris." (Insert Graphic of his QB rating, TD to INT ratio average over the first 5 games) Chris: "Gus, take a look here, 6 INTs to only 1 TD over the first 5 games, if Eli doesn't improve in this game or the rest of the year the Giants will be looking at missing the playoffs again."

If they could go back and really add that type of storyline stuff to the game that would make commentary 10 x better by itself. If I'm the Lions, and I have them battling for a WC spot, I would want a graphic showing the battle for the Wild Card and them talking about the last time the Lions made the playoffs, if I'm the Ravens and happen to play the Steelers in the playoffs, I would want Gus to bring up how the Ravens can't get past the Steelers in the playoffs bringing up the divisional round game and the 2008 AFC Title game. Go back and use past seasons and reflect upon those seasons if it is necessary.
Yep i'd love for them to bring up stats on the teams and give their own little personal opinions on the stats. If hes struggling have them say so.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:42 AM   #55
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

they need to get two guys that actually work together in real life. then maybe we could finally have a booth that sounds natural. until then, they should put the madden/michaels commentary back in. as it is now, it's like they're trying to top their bad effort from last year with an even more terrible effort.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #56
Rookie

Double C's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052

That would be awesome!

My screenshot albums
Just Win on Madden Baby

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »