Home

Madden Developer Podcast

This is a discussion on Madden Developer Podcast within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #105
MVP
 
kjcheezhead's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2009
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Sure players focus on improving particular skills but usually in the off-season and the coach definately doesn't sit down every week and pick 3 lucky players and exactly what he wants to improve. I am sure Rex Ryan would like V.Gholston to improve his football I.Q. and I bet Vernon has tried but that doesn't make it so.
Well then they could build off of that in the game. Have it only happen in the offseason, like voluntary camps. If you try and build up a player with poor work ethic, the game will simply tell you.. "Randy Moss and Brett Favre have chosen to skip voluntary workouts."
kjcheezhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #106
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
But if progression is right then that should happen anyway. The idea of being able to pick players to improve will never fly with me. A player can be stinking it up every Sunday but I can be improving him every week. Niot a big deal if it was there but I wouldn't use it.
To each his own. But, I just like the option. Especially now that they have player potential. You mentioned progression. But, what does progression do for that player who has A potential but isn't quite ready to start yet? Its times like these where I would love to be able to work with a player off the field until I feel that he is ready to be a starter for my team.
__________________
Dear Madden,

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
goodygoody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #107
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Well then they could build off of that in the game. Have it only happen in the offseason, like voluntary camps. If you try and build up a player with poor work ethic, the game will simply tell you.. "Randy Moss and Brett Favre have chosen to skip voluntary workouts."
I would release both of them lol but I love the idea.
__________________
Dear Madden,

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
goodygoody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #108
Rookie
 
Winnipeg59's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Blog Entries: 191
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
But if progression is right then that should happen anyway. The idea of being able to pick players to improve will never fly with me. A player can be stinking it up every Sunday but I can be improving him every week. Niot a big deal if it was there but I wouldn't use it.
I think it would be fantastic if the progression was dynamic week-to-week. So instead of needing to focus on a part of a game, if a player has a phenomenal week (in that part of his game), then some small progression should occur in areas responsible for that success. The opposite would be possible too. If you stink, you regress.
Kind of like what the humans do each week with the roster rating alterations (except dynamic within the game)?
__________________
OOTP 16 - Head Coach 09 - FHM - NHL - Madden - MLB The Show - NBA2k - NCAA

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Winnipeg59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #109
MVP
 
phant030's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Marion, Louisiana
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
I think it would be fantastic if the progression was dynamic week-to-week. So instead of needing to focus on a part of a game, if a player has a phenomenal week (in that part of his game), then some small progression should occur in areas responsible for that success. The opposite would be possible too. If you stink, you regress.
Kind of like what the humans do each week with the roster rating alterations (except dynamic within the game)?
Used to be like that in NCAA back in the day. Dynamic in game ratings. I would love to have this back and added to madden.
phant030 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #110
Donny Baseball!
 
Skyboxer's Arena
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 20,198
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
To each his own. But, I just like the option. Especially now that they have player potential. You mentioned progression. But, what does progression do for that player who has A potential but isn't quite ready to start yet? Its times like these where I would love to be able to work with a player off the field until I feel that he is ready to be a starter for my team.
Totally agree. I hate having a static number that says what a player will be. So what if they is potential and progression. Progression and potential should be directly affected by how much work he puts in on practice and pee season. Just because he has a high potential rating etc shouldnt mean he just automatically goes up or down. Let coaching staff, practice schedule etc... Affect the final progression.

Of course I'm one who thinks ratings should be invisible anyways. Let the combine and play on the field make the coaches decide who can do what. Things like 40 time, strength can be rated but most others should be hidden IF you really want to be a 'coach' and not just a number cruncher.

Let play on the field dictate a players worth in all aspects. If a wr rated 90 gets 10 catches for 270 yards he shouldn't be sought after more that a wr rated 80 with 29 catches for 700 yards.

Just my .02
__________________
Joshua:
"D.O.D. pension files indicate current mailing as: Dr. Robert Hume,
a.k.a. Stephen W. Falken, 5 Tall Cedar Road, Goose Island, Oregon"


Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Skyboxer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #111
Rookie
 
Winnipeg59's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Blog Entries: 191
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

I try and convince myself that the player is indeed working hard (or not) in the practices before every game (pre-season or regular season) and that will contribute to the progression (or not) for a player.
And that a potential A will be a little more commited (or not)?

Plus, I also like to think that if you (or your coaching staff) get them into a few games, in some capacity (late in a blow out, either way - subbing for injury - just taking a start because your vet isn't performing on a bad team), that will also contribute to their progression?

Maybe that could be something incorporated into the coaching "ratings"?
- works well with younger players to aid procession
- works better with a veteran team to keep from regressing (which might slow down progression of younger players)
- task-master that works the players hard
- player-friendly (that will have a different set of bonuses)

A big picture sort of thing instead of trying to work-out a 53+ man roster each week. I'd never make it through a year, let alone a 30-year franchise...
But that's me...
__________________
OOTP 16 - Head Coach 09 - FHM - NHL - Madden - MLB The Show - NBA2k - NCAA

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Winnipeg59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #112
Pro
 
lgxjames's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit,Mi
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

good listen
lgxjames is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.

Top -