Home

Unnecessary Roughness after Roster Update!

This is a discussion on Unnecessary Roughness after Roster Update! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #17
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Unnecessary Roughness after Roster Update!

I've seen 1 late hit and I've had the game since it was released. I was using the Redskins and caught a pass with Santana Moss on the sidelines. After going out of bounds, I was tackled and they flagged it. That was a few months ago and I've yet to see one since.

Last edited by crques; 11-12-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #18
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Not having these penalties in Madden is like a baseball game not having errors.
Funny you should mention that.... since MLB 2K10 is a baseball game and doesnt have errors. (or injuries for that matter)

The 2K Dev team forgot to include the animations involved and it couldnt be added via patch.... OOPS!

(I guess whether you're an EA or 2K fan-boy you're just up poops creek without a paddle.)

This stuff reminds of 1999 when NASA was trying to navigate a Mars Orbiter in outer-space. The system's navigation was designed in Europe using Metrics, and the NASA engineers forgot to convert into feet and inches... Next thing you know.... WOOPS-A-DAISY we crashed a 125 million dollar orbiter.

Poor planning. Poor testing.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

I've had it happen... But only really early in the season when I was hitting late on purpose to see if they would call it.

Hadn't seen it again until two nights ago.

Later
Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah this has been called online on opponents on me on several punt returns.

I do hate though the fact I scramble with my QB and nothing's open so I throw the ball away and two-three seconds later, BAM, my QB gets smacked by a LB or DE and no Roughing the Passer call... ever! Yet when I dive with a pass rusher and contact the opposing QB just as he throws, I get called on Roughing. I know this is probably a high hit and a little late and am trying to remove it from my game but the missed calls on me annoy me.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_TriPz
Yeah this has been called online on opponents on me on several punt returns.

I do hate though the fact I scramble with my QB and nothing's open so I throw the ball away and two-three seconds later, BAM, my QB gets smacked by a LB or DE and no Roughing the Passer call... ever!
No roughing outside the pocket... If you can throw the ball away without a penalty, you won't get a flag either.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 16

This was odd. I never had roughing the passer called by me or the CPU EVER until today. Justin Tuck had not only 1 roughing the passer when my team was against him, but 3 pass plays in a row! Then after that, still has never been called again. Odd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »