Home

madden plays different on the new xbox

This is a discussion on madden plays different on the new xbox within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: madden plays different on the new xbox

The HDMI port on the new X360 may or may not produce better quality than the old one did, but anything less than a "true HDMI port" wouldn't have worked, and it it does. That's one of the "issues" people have with HDMI is its strict requirements. A poorly made HDMI cable, however, could easily be a culprit.

With that said, if the game plays smoother as a result, the fact of the matter is that your X360 was having some issues (believe I know... my X360 has been on the brink of malfunction for a while -> GPU issue that I could probably fix but I'm too lazy to at the moment), and more than likely whatever issue was being caused by the HDMI port graphically probably could have been fixed by calibrating the TV appropriately. Meaning, there was nothing wrong with the HDMI port to begin with. Your TV simply aligns itself differently with the new one. Assuming the cable itself (perhaps the GPU as my problem is) wasn't the issue, that is.

For multiple reasons, the hardware in terms of gameplay and performance, has not changed. Period.

Also, on a side note, most of the people working at Gamestop are far from knowledgeable...

Last edited by St. Chaos; 11-10-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

no..... i'm going on what i see. The guy at my local gamestop is pretty much up to date on all the latest gizmos out thier. What he says makes since. I'm a tv guru , so i know it has nothing to do with calibrating the tv. It def has to do with how those ports are configured in their respected systems. Its like the previous op said....he had the same game playing on 2 different xboxes and thier was a difference............never mind with the hoopla about if the hdmi works , it only works one way stuff blah blah blah. i strongly believe that the new systems out there just run better and produce a better picture. This could be due to the cooling system in them or how the hardware is configured in it. Yes , it is the same system , but it is configured differently and the hdmi in the new one is of better quality. its prob like why do you by "monster " cables as to no name cables................the quality
Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 6

>_> Well I know enough about "gurus" to know telling them anything is largely irrelevant.

But anywho... if you expand your knowledge beyond TVs to more electronics (or at least console hardware) all the reasons why this is nothing more than a placebo or faulty hardware would become common sense.

The same system configured differently is, theoretically, no longer the same system. Due to the nature of consoles, that is a severe issue.

You can change components somewhat irrelevant to the performance/function of a console; cooling or component version (HDMI 1.2 Vs. HDMI 1.3 port, for example -> even that only applies due to the nature of this particular system) or expanding components (like Kinect) for example, but you cannot do the same to core components. This includes the CPU and GPU, the GPU being the method by which "better graphics" would be displayed. That's THE fact of the matter, regardless of anything else.

Also, being up to date on the latest tech doesn't mean you understand it. And considering whatever Gamestop employee you spoke with doesn't even understand the old tech behind one of the products he sells, I wouldn't recommend letting him make any important decisions in your tech-purchasing future, heh.

Believe as you will though.

On a side note, people buy Monster cables because of the name. If it were for the quality, they'd know they can find better for cheaper. Most people can't tell the difference between a nobody cable and a monster cable, and many of the few that can couldn't even give an educated guess as to why there is a difference. Most of those that understand both don't buy Monster. I use Monster cables as backups when I damage one of my good ones, even then they serve as only temporary replacements. I know not to buy them otherwise.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 11-11-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco-Gator
And BOOM goes the dynamite on the haters/experts out there. It's true, the first wave of 360's are straight muff cabbage when it comes to their HDMI ports
I guess it's a Jersey thing? "Fist pump"

Twitter: DeyTukErJeobs

Old 11-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffychicken
I guess it's a Jersey thing? "Fist pump"
hahaha u beat me too it. well looks like i may have to purchase the new xbox???

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »