Home

So I Gave it a Shot

This is a discussion on So I Gave it a Shot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: So I Gave it a Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I played NBA2k11 for a week and pretty much did not like the game, but that is because I thought I can just pick it up and play. Then I gave it one more chance went into practice mode. Learned the post game, and iso motion, and man Im so glad I did this , because NBA2k11 is everything everyone was hyping it up to be. Its a amazing game once you really learn it.
Thats how all sports game should be required.You should learn how to play game.Not pick up and play it.(2k11,BB and PES11 they all did this.)
Old 11-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #18
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Thats how all sports game should be required.You should learn how to play game.Not pick up and play it.(2k11,BB and PES11 they all did this.)
What is happening and I hope this trend continues is gamers are asking for more realism, so this requires for us to learn the game, and not just to pick it up and play.

You mentioned PES11 did this, and so has NBA2k11. I would also like to add NHL11.

All of these games are offering us more realism , so we have to be more patient with the game, and actually learn it, and in doing this we are being rewarded.

I hope MLB the show can do something with its pitching mechanics, and bring something really interesting to us gamers.

Madden I really hopes comes to the sim gamers and really try and bring us simulation football. That will all start at the QB position.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:13 AM   #19
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

You mentioned PES11 did this, and so has NBA2k11. I would also like to add NHL11.

All of these games are offering us more realism , so we have to be more patient with the game, and actually learn it, and in doing this we are being rewarded.
I think you hit it right on the head Tyrant.

When a sports game is based in realism, and pretty much requires you to learn how to play the game in a realistic way to succeed....it is very rewarding.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #20
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
The best answer I can give is that there is more to a Football video game (a LOT more) than just realistic scores and stats. If the gameplay that produces those realistic stats isn't very realistic or good, which to me it isn't on either count, realistic stats aren't any consolation.

In a text based sim, that would be fine. Not so in an alleged videogame sim.

There are no user tweaks that can fix what is really wrong with this game. That will only ever come from the development side.
I wholeheartedly agree!

When I, and others, complain about certain aspects of the game and ask for more realistic simulation football, it's not because we want the most realistic scores and stats, but because we want a proper representation of football first and foremost.

I think one of Ian's comments from earlier this year reveals a lot about Tiburon's approach. Many people complained about the kick returns, so Ian came out and said that they (Tiburon) were getting realistic stats, and that he didn't understand why people complained. However, people weren't complaining about unrealistic stats, but complained about the fact that the game did not represent kick returns in an appropriate and realistic manner.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #21
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I'm very impressed with the answers I'm receiving here. A lot more civil and the explanations are great. I'm glad most of you are giving valid reasons and not bashing the game at all like I've seen in many other threads. Thank you all for keeping this thread clean.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
So based on many disgruntle madden fans, I went out to buy NBA2k11. Now i played it for a little over a week straight and I liked the presentation style and everything, but now it's back on the shelf and Madden is in my xbox. I'm loving Madden 11 even more now and I can't put it down. I'm always saying to myself just one more game but then it turns to two and then three.

My question to all of you is...why aren't you loving this madden? With my slider set that I based off of Playmakers, I'm getting realistic scores with realistic stats and to me this is the ultimate sim game out there. Are any of you not getting the realistic scores and stats that I'm getting?
You couldn't put down Madden ? That's funny, I couldn't pick it up; it was just boring and repetitive. The game hasn't advanced at all this generation. It's the same game every year minus a few gimmicks, some half hearted corrections and better graphics.

Madden has felt a little different each year, but it hasn't felt new in quite some time.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
]
In the short run though, it doesn't matter at all to me. I m having fun with Fallout New Vegas and now Call of Duty Black Ops. Those are triple A titles that are worth their $60.
It matters to me. I'm having blast with 2k11 and now black ops, but just because I enjoy a good piece, okay a couple of pieces, of cat fish and fried chicken, doesn't mean I'm okay doesn't mean I don't miss having a nice juicy steak.

As far a video gaming world is concerned, I haven't had a good steak in three years. That steak, three years ago, was cooked to perfection; It didn't have any A1 sauce, didn't come with french fries, or a soup or salad, but the steak itself was delicious.

Come on EA !

WHERE'S THE BEEF ?!?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I wholeheartedly agree!

When I, and others, complain about certain aspects of the game and ask for more realistic simulation football, it's not because we want the most realistic scores and stats, but because we want a proper representation of football first and foremost.

I think one of Ian's comments from earlier this year reveals a lot about Tiburon's approach. Many people complained about the kick returns, so Ian came out and said that they (Tiburon) were getting realistic stats, and that he didn't understand why people complained. However, people weren't complaining about unrealistic stats, but complained about the fact that the game did not represent kick returns in an appropriate and realistic manner.

OnlyLT knows that I'm a stats first person. I enjoy fiddling with sliders 2-3 months to make the game as realistic stats wise as possible. I'm a prodigy of Strat O Matic Baseball back in the day and that continued with HH Baseball.

I'm all for enhancing the game to playing football like it is on Sunday, but I don't want the stats engine to become diminished, either.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »