Home

So I Gave it a Shot

This is a discussion on So I Gave it a Shot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #49
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: So I Gave it a Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Lol. I never doubted that for a moment. I was just saying that you needn't be worried about stats being adversely affected. It can only get better. Can't get worse lol.

And just so you know, I didn't mean "slider Gods" as a dig. Term of endearment maybe, but not a dig.
LT, I understand what you are saying, but how do we know stats can't get worse? As someone who has tried to balance these stats over the years, who knows?

For example, let's say they add some code to franchise mode and it affects the stat outcomes of games played when the game comes out of the box.

I have reasons to be cautious.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #50
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Another senseless debate about semantics... "I've been here before..." as Teena Marie once sang.

Quote:
You started off saying that Liquor's saying that the game hasn't improved is inaccurate. An opinion can't be inaccurate so I can only assume that you were treating it as fact. Then when KJ says "for me", you pounced on it to show that it is only an opinion.
I lended credibility to his statement by FIRST saying that I too am not satisfied with the game, but that may be on your cutting room floor. As far as I'm concerned, it is a fact that the game has improved this generation. Has it improved to the point that most should be satisfied? Well again, that's a different conversation.

Quote:
I actually agree with you on some points, I just don't know why you treat what he says as opinion, but Madden improving as a fact. Seems self serving. I also don't know why you would say that you are "bored with that rhetoric", indicating that you are above all these mundane discussions, in general, and with what KJ was saying in particular, which can only be classified as condescending. Regardless of whether he took offense or not.
Oh yes, I'm above coming to OS for these mundane discussions. That's exactly how it should be interpreted.

I'm not going to bother to defend myself here. It'll get nowhere. "I've been here before..."

Later.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #51
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
I gotta agree Madden 11 is the best playing Madden to date. No doubt for me. Offline franchise however needs the biggest improvement to keep the long time fans like myself interested to buy another copy. If no drastic changes are made 2011 will suit me just fine for years to come until another NFL game be it Madden or some other brand makes the ultimate football game for the PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #52
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Another senseless debate about semantics... "I've been here before..." as Teena Marie once sang.

I lended credibility to his statement by FIRST saying that I too am not satisfied with the game, but that may be on your cutting room floor. As far as I'm concerned, it is a fact that the game has improved this generation. Has it improved to the point that most should be satisfied? Well again, that's a different conversation.

Oh yes, I'm above coming to OS for these mundane discussions. That's exactly how it should be interpreted.

I'm not going to bother to defend myself here. It'll get nowhere. "I've been here before..."

Later.

OK rgiles. The fact that you think that it is, in fact, a fact, that Madden has improved, says a lot.

And it's not about semantics, it's about us checking ourselves as a community when our words venture into disrespectful territory. Even if, no especially if, it is unintentional. If I am coming across in the wrong way to another poster, I have no problem with someone pointing it out. If I didn't mean it that way, then I will explain myself. If I did, then... I did.

Sorry I tried to have a conversation with you. I should have learned my lesson from other convo's I have tried to have with you, but then again, I am senseless after all.

Have no fear. It won't happen again.

Last edited by Only1LT; 11-10-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #53
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
LT, I understand what you are saying, but how do we know stats can't get worse? As someone who has tried to balance these stats over the years, who knows?

For example, let's say they add some code to franchise mode and it affects the stat outcomes of games played when the game comes out of the box.

I have reasons to be cautious.

I got you on that, but I was talking about gameplay only. I must confess that I am not much for Franchise.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
What is happening and I hope this trend continues is gamers are asking for more realism, so this requires for us to learn the game, and not just to pick it up and play.

You mentioned PES11 did this, and so has NBA2k11. I would also like to add NHL11.

All of these games are offering us more realism , so we have to be more patient with the game, and actually learn it, and in doing this we are being rewarded.

I hope MLB the show can do something with its pitching mechanics, and bring something really interesting to us gamers.

Madden I really hopes comes to the sim gamers and really try and bring us simulation football. That will all start at the QB position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I think you hit it right on the head Tyrant.

When a sports game is based in realism, and pretty much requires you to learn how to play the game in a realistic way to succeed....it is very rewarding.
I totally agree. Every year you should be require to learn how to play some part of the game.It doesn't have to be a real big learning curve.With that it brings realism not some slider.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I wholeheartedly agree!

When I, and others, complain about certain aspects of the game and ask for more realistic simulation football, it's not because we want the most realistic scores and stats, but because we want a proper representation of football first and foremost.
This is way I laugh at the slider guys so much.I want the on the field play to be like football. Not the stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
That's gotta be frustration talking. I'm not satisfied with the game, but to say it hasn't advanced in just the last two years is inaccurate. The game is playable now, which I couldn't say about Madden 08-09.
Making the game playable isn't my idea of advancing. Fixing someone's computer, by ridding it of viruses, isn't the same as installing new software.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 11-10-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »