Home

Does anyone have any good offline.......

This is a discussion on Does anyone have any good offline....... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does anyone have any good offline.......

franchise rules? As far as drafting and how to approach free agency to be fair to the cpu. A nice set of house rules would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MI88; 11-10-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does anyone have any good offline.......

My House Rules when controlling all 32 teams.

House Rules for Trades
Under 26 Must be latter half of contract
Trading For
95-99 OVR A Pot 1st 2nd 2nd
90-94 OVR A Pot 1st 2nd
85-89 OVR A Pot 1st 3rd
85-89 OVR B Pot 2nd 3rd
80-84 OVR A Pot 1st
80-84 OVR B Pot 2nd
70-79 OVR B Pot 3rd
70-79 OVR C Pot 4th

27-30 Must be latter half of contract
95-99 OVR A Pot 1st 2nd
90-94 OVR A Pot 1st 3rd
85-89 OVR A Pot 1st
85-89 OVR B Pot 2nd
80-84 OVR A Pot 2nd
80-84 OVR B Pot 3rd
70-79 OVR B Pot 4th
70-79 OVR C Pot 5th

30+ Must be latter half of contract
95-99 OVR A Pot 1st
90-94 OVR A Pot 2nd 3rd
85-89 OVR A Pot 2nd
85-89 OVR B Pot 2nd
80-84 OVR A Pot 3rd
80-84 OVR B Pot 3rd
70-79 OVR B Pot 5th
70-79 OVR C Pot 6th

House Rules for Free Agency Signings Offseason
Attempt to Resign the following
84-89 OVR age 20-29
90-99 All
All players that refuse initial contract offering are released
All players 83 OVR and below are released
No sign and trades
All players are resigned at player's asking terms

Last edited by eraserx13; 11-12-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:15 AM   #3
Rookie

Kegthaplaya's Arena

OVR: 2

Well with scouting showing potential a great house rule is to get all of the scouting packs and IGNORE the draft class until draft day. I made the mistake in madden 10 of actually scounting people, and ended up getting atleast 4-5 A prospects each draft. In madden 11 ive had 3 drafts, cant remember the first two but in my most recent one i got 2 a's with 10 picks, both rated low anyway so itll be a while before i notice them. Its a ton more realistic this way (until i start remembering whos good atleast).

As for free ageny id recomend just going for who you want.

This is all asuming you control 1 team, i dunno about 32.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

mines are

1) no scouting prospects ever
2) no looking at prospect's combine stats, draft based on need & pentagon.
3) for free agency, one bid per player only.
4) no looking at ratings for Free Agents
5) sign retired players who become coaches to 1 year deals as offense cordinator or defensive so it keeps a balance amount of coordinators that can benefit cpu as well
6) try and aim for realistic contracts with draftees (1st round picks, 4-6 years, 7th round picks usually 1-2)
7) Limit to 3 free agent signings
8) Avoid doing any trades, besides the occasional draft day trade down or trade up cpu throws at me. If needed, limit to 1 chance at trade block per season (no further editing on compensation once submitted).

I play co-op most of the time in franchise mode with a buddy of mines, so these are some established ground rules for us.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

I just have two rules:

1) No scouting of prospects before draft day

2) No free agency (I only sign free agents if I don't have a "required" number of some position, and even then, just a scrub to a one year deal).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Boogyman_33's Arena

Eraserx13...I was getting ready to finally start my franchise w/32 teams & am going to use your house rules if you don't mind w/a few exceptions. I think that if a player starts having problems w/the team (McNabb/Redskins going on this season); I may move McNabb to a team needing a QB & either signing or trading him for a young QB that fits Shannahan's style. I did that for Madden 10 in the first offseason which made the 2nd season feel new & refresed. Made me pay attention to how the teams did as well w/how I made their teams. Just seemed to give me that extra to allow Madden be new & fresh all the time w/all the "Issues" that everybody talks about.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman_33
Eraserx13...I was getting ready to finally start my franchise w/32 teams & am going to use your house rules if you don't mind w/a few exceptions. I think that if a player starts having problems w/the team (McNabb/Redskins going on this season); I may move McNabb to a team needing a QB & either signing or trading him for a young QB that fits Shannahan's style. I did that for Madden 10 in the first offseason which made the 2nd season feel new & refresed. Made me pay attention to how the teams did as well w/how I made their teams. Just seemed to give me that extra to allow Madden be new & fresh all the time w/all the "Issues" that everybody talks about.
Makes sense...especially considering we see it in real life NFL from time to time. The Denver trade to Chicago of Cutler comes to mind as well as McNaab. Admittedly, I have done this once in my franchise but have stuck to the houserules for compensation. As an example in my franchise, I traded a 34 year old Jay Cutler who was 89 OVR at the time to the Redskins (after McNaab retired or cut I think) for a late 2nd round pick. I then used my own first round pick to draft a QB who ended up rated 78 OVR with a A potential (got lucky). The guy who I ended up drafting from the 2nd round pick from the Cutler trade was a dude which in the end, is fine. At least it is somewhat realistic in away.

Good luck on your franchise!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have used these free agent house rules for the last couple of years:

1) You cannot resign any players. Players with expiring contracts are released to the fa pool.
2) You may use the franchise tag on one player to keep him.
3) Only one fa bid per day.

This keeps you from signing alot of high end fas and keeps a good turnaround of your roster.

Regarding the draft I only have one rule concerning trades. I use the draft value chart (google it) for trading up and down. It seems pretty fair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »