Home

Trades in Franchise when controlling all teams

This is a discussion on Trades in Franchise when controlling all teams within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Trades in Franchise when controlling all teams

I took several people's advice to control all teams in Franchise and adjust aggression and so forth. I realized when I did this that it would prevent the computer from suggesting trades and using the trading block. I'm curious how any of you handle this situation. Do you take time each season to browse through the different rosters to see if any trades should be made amongst the other teams or your own team? Or just forget about it?

I tried to do this but it seemed a little overwhelming and I couldn't find any good trades that would really benefit both teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Trades in Franchise when controlling all teams

do as you please

if the cpu controlls any teams they wont use the trade block or initiate trades anyway...so you doing all the trading is the most trading you will see in a franchise anyway.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I usually take time randomly to make trades. I usually scroll through a few teams each week or in the off-season and look for obvious trades.

Don't make it a huge deal. Trades in the NFL aren't common.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Yeah trades are rare. I will sometimes make deals for guys who seem to not want resign with their current team within reason. A perfect example is Cedric Benson who keeps turning down many good offers. I looked for some suitors (did not find any real good deals that made realistic sense before the deadline) but those are instances as well as a real contender needing one piece or a great team with a crippling injury or a team looking to blow it all up and get picks for high priced vets.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks. That helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I control all 32 teams and get pretty in depth. I make trades under two circumstances. 1 is when a team is just stacked at a position. For example, n year two of my franchise, the Redskins (not my primary team) signed J Charles (RB) but then drafted a sleeper RB in the late rounds. Both were signed to long term contracts so rather than cut one and make the Skins deal with the cap penalty, I looked through all the other teams to see who had needs at RB and then founds the ones that were stacked at a position that the Skins were weak at. Turned out, they traded to the Saints (who had lost Thomas in FA) for Bush, who the Skins turned into a full time WR. So the Skins got a highly rated and much needed WR and the Saints got a RB replacment.

The only other time I trade is during the draft. I also draft for all the teams, and I do it by need. If I get to a team that has a need at MLB for example, but there are no MLB's left that are projected for the round that I'm in, I'll have the team trade for a veteran MLB on a team that has a need at a position that the draft is heavy in.

It's a little bit of work but defintately creates a richer experience and helps you to become much more invested in you franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »