Home

Are We In For A Big Madden Letdown Hmmmm ...

This is a discussion on Are We In For A Big Madden Letdown Hmmmm ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2003, 10:38 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Are We In For A Big Madden Letdown Hmmmm ...

Yes but these subtle changes are in no way worth the game costing $50 bucks. That's my biggest problem is that there isn't much difference year to year with Madden and yet they price it for $50. I would be much happier if they sold it at $19.99 cuz that seems more reasonble for what you are getting. It irks me that people buy the game for $50 and aren't getting much for their money. That's what I call hustling some1 and ripping them off. That's my biggest problem with Madden. I know people will buy what they buy but that stuff EA is pulling and has been pulling with their football franchise is flatout wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2003, 11:31 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 8

well if you feel that way all i can say i just don't buy the game and wait till it drops down to 19.99 espn hasn't changed to where it should be 50 dollars they have plenty of animations but the run animation still sucks, the only game that has really made a drastic change is fever and thats because it's behind in the race, you don't change ya stride when your in the lead you keep it nice and steady when you are behind you have to kick a little bit harder to catch up to the competition.
That's just the way the world works and i'm sure you already know that.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:33 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Yes but these subtle changes are in no way worth the game costing $50 bucks. That's my biggest problem is that there isn't much difference year to year with Madden and yet they price it for $50. I would be much happier if they sold it at $19.99 cuz that seems more reasonble for what you are getting. It irks me that people buy the game for $50 and aren't getting much for their money. That's what I call hustling some1 and ripping them off. That's my biggest problem with Madden. I know people will buy what they buy but that stuff EA is pulling and has been pulling with their football franchise is flatout wrong.

The series has improved leaps and bounds from 2001. Go play 2001 and tell me that 2003 resembles it in any way. Remember the I form Toss Sweep and superman yard dives by defenders?

If YOU don't want to pay $50 then don't. However, saying EA is ripping us off is ridiculous.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:54 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

Im sorry man BUT if EA actually built the games on the xbox and PC first then down to the Ps2 it would make alot of people alot happier. I mean with graphics, weather, commentary, animations and some actual gameplay fetures besides playmaker control.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:58 AM   #29
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I hate how my console gets trashed in that last post tho I know it's somewhat true

As for me I won't have a letdown since the last Madden game I played was 2002 and while it was OK I wasn't really impressed. I've been pumped up for this year's incarnation of the game simply cuz of the deep and detailed owner mode. Tho I was just given distressing news about it. Hopefully it's the opinion of one man and I will find some happiness with it and enjoy it for a whole winter-summer til next year.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:00 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 21

EA is ripping us off, IMO. They made at least $200 million last year on Madden alone (4 million copies, $50 a pop). Does it look like they put anywhere close to that amount into development of Madden this year? Some of you guys are blind.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:02 PM   #31
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Actually i'm legally blind

Ah man the truth hurts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2003, 12:03 PM   #32
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
EA is ripping us off, IMO. They made at least $200 million last year on Madden alone (4 million copies, $50 a pop). Does it look like they put anywhere close to that amount into development of Madden this year?

Hate to be the one to break this to you, but EA isn't a not-for-profit charitable organization. They want to make money, and they do a pretty good job of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »