Home

Are We In For A Big Madden Letdown Hmmmm ...

This is a discussion on Are We In For A Big Madden Letdown Hmmmm ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2003, 04:34 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Are We In For A Big Madden Letdown Hmmmm ...

its just annoying EA doesnt utilize the xboxs power EA should and could overhaul the graphics
Old 08-11-2003, 04:36 PM   #50
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

If youre not liking the "lack of change" Madden has, then simply switch to the competition and STAY there, please. Why change a game such as Madden so dramatically when its a best seller year in and year out? There is no logic behind it. They work on smaller things, and thats ALL that should be done. Bigger gameplay changes and whatnot show a sign of instability, which is something that shouldnt be desired. I dont know, I'm happy w/ Madden, whoever isnt, doesnt have to be. There is only so much you can do to a game w/o damaging the fan base it has developed by having consistent GREAT gameplay. I hate to break it to you, but if companies focused completely on buyers and not on money, then the company would cease to exist, thats just the way it is.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:48 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 15

I like the competition between VC and EA and thus we get a better product by both. As for EA charging $50 too much well it seems 4 million buyers don't agree or they would not fork over that kind of jack every year.

I actually like both Football games as they have a slightly different perspective on how to present a Football Game.

What EA needs to overhaul or scrap is the audio and Play by Play commentary it's just awful. NCAA 2004 shines in that department and can taech the Madden boys a thing or two. I think Al Michaels is not really into being in a videogame. Madden and Pat Summerall worked well together.

Oh well at least I can turn off the Play by Play audio.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2003, 05:15 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 21

I remember when I got my first PC and someone introduced me to Doom. I nearly flipped my lis over how great the game was. Then came quake. Then quake II and I though man aint no FPS better than this series, cant no one do a better job than the boys over at ID software. Then Quake III came out and I was like ok, the graphics are better and all that but damn, the gameplay is the same. No dimension added to it whatsoever. It became boring and being that like Madden it had no real competition at the time you settled for it. Mind you the game was not bad in of itself its just it did not grow. Anyway time goes by and some creative minds have broaden the horizons of FPS type games and have bought us great games like BattleField 1942, and Halo an the genre is revived and interesting again.

Madden has been around since 1991, this is 2003 going on 2004. Look at what yah got gameplay wise. How has the game deepened ? In my first game of Madden 2004(I use the Saints) playing the Allmadden lvl I used mostly some of the plays from the saints last year playbook that are still there and on my FIRST drive marched down the field and scored against Tampa Bay. Now how am I suppose to feel about that.......Good ? I did not us any of the new "features" Just did what I have been doing for the last 4 years. Granted I was surprised at how well the D covered my WR's on certain plays, it took me no time to adjust to it and compensate.

Fellas, yall want to argue and fight with me because I am saying some things about your much beloved game that you do not like. Thats fine and you dont have to agree with it and everyone is gonna have a different opinion after they play it. Some of your opinions are gonna change after you play it.

Alot of yall are gonna be standing in a line tonight at midnight waiting to get his game. I hope that after going through all that you find that it was worth it.

Maybe ill feel better about the game after I have played it online. I have not seen what they have done with that.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:39 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

ps2baseball said:
maybe you should pop in 10 yard fight, then you'll appreciate the gameplay!

Or Joe Montana Football from Sega
Old 08-11-2003, 05:50 PM   #54
Pro

rastak's Arena

OVR: 5

I kinda thought the gameplay jumped between 2002 and 2003. It is kind of a racket charging full prices for what really is an incremental upgrade. That having been said, I go to pick up my copy in about 20 minutes.....
Old 08-11-2003, 05:59 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Tombsong,With all do respect,It sounds like you just want some people to agree with you,If you dont like the game then fine.let other people find out for themselves because right now you sound like a covered up sega F**B**,other people might not be expecting a whole new game like you(you say you don't but we all know you do)I personally am looking forward to the problems being fixed that made me throw controllers threw the T.V on the last game,the game already plays great and them fixing stuff like the DB AI thats just makes the game that more challenging and realistic..So if you think the game is bad don't try to rain on our parade let us enjoy our anticepation.and by the way I have heard from other peolpe that recieved the game today that it felt different and was much improved over 2003.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2003, 06:26 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 21

tikibarber, You could tell way back at E3 that the game was not gonna be some major upgrade release. Anyone could see that, So your remark "(you say you don't but we all know you do)" is groudless. I did not say the game is bad. I like the game. Its just it aint much too it as far as what was added gameplay wise. Its really a upgrade from the standpoint of the franchise mode. Those who love franchise mode are gonna be in love with this game. Again, I aint saying this to make you not like the game. Nothing i say can make you not like the game. I even said a few times if you had read that most people are gonna like the game. I am giving my opinion of it after playing it a few times. There are some games you get and after getting them you don't want to put it down, you play it till you fall alseep with the controller in your hand. This year, I aint feeling that for this game. Thats me, thats how I feel, and I am talking about it. Am I suppose to shut up because you are in love with Madden and cant stand to hear anything negative about it. I am sure Sega is gonna have some issues with their game that are negative and I am gonna talk about it. So does that make me a [censored you naughty boy] or not ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »