Home

Is Madden Motion Sim?

This is a discussion on Is Madden Motion Sim? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is Madden Motion Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Please NO!!!

Nothing wrong with motion the way it is...

Later
I would also like to hear why you don't like this idea?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

In NFL 2K5, the opposing CPU Quarterback always calls a player into motion- so I do not see how hard this could be to implement. If they can implement correctly, we can see the CPU get a delay of game call (tied into the Awareness rating). I never seen the CPU get a delay of game
Old 12-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Madden is moving into the ADHD era, and complicating the play calling or execution wouldn't fit into it's new mold. The game has to be pick up and play friendly. Motion is fine the way it is, and many plays already have motion before the snap built in so I see no need for them to change the way it is done. Those of us who want a more involved experience are going to have to lower our standards or find simpler ways for those complicated areas of the game to be addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think part of putting in accelerated clock was to limit a person's ability to motion guys around and set up plays to counter a defensive read, just enough time to hot route a player or 2. This way the plays put in the game are called more like they're set up and not basically turned into a totally different play. I used to read people's "E-guides" or whatever and it'd look like:

Gun Trips TE- Deep fork

Put A on a slant in.
Put Y on a curl.
Put X on a streak.
Put RB on an out.

Now it's not even worth calling deep fork anymore.. might as well be play X.

I digress, I use the auto-motion built into plays as a quick/easy read when the ball is snapped. I think that's enough, because it's pretty dominant of a reading tool. I don't think motioning options would be usable to anyone who didn't really have a great grasp on football.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Madden is moving into the ADHD era, and complicating the play calling or execution wouldn't fit into it's new mold. The game has to be pick up and play friendly. Motion is fine the way it is, and many plays already have motion before the snap built in so I see no need for them to change the way it is done. Those of us who want a more involved experience are going to have to lower our standards or find simpler ways for those complicated areas of the game to be addressed.
I don't see why they can't add features like this that would make the game more sim for the hardcore crowd, as long as they keep the default options more "user friendly."

A lot of people have already discussed having a "sim" mode and "arcade" mode. I think they can co-exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »