Home

Honestly, would you suggest Madden 11 for me?

This is a discussion on Honestly, would you suggest Madden 11 for me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Honestly, would you suggest Madden 11 for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I agree with this 100%. I had been playing 2K5 a lot in recent years (love all the classic rosters) and put it away with Madden 2011's release. I am still going strong in November with Madden 11 and am a huge offline franchise player controlling all 32 teams. The gameplay is the best it has ever been. No question. I have not had this much fun and logged in this many hours since Madden 2005/2007 for PS2.

If your patient wait till Chrsitmas (I am sure there will be a price cut to 39.99 by then) or buy it used. No reason to buy new if your not an online player.
I second GlennN and Armor & Sword. Absolutely the best release for this generation of consoles. I can actually play more than one game in a sitting if I have the time. I'm one of those guys that leans towards the 2k side of things also, but Madden 11 has pretty much eradicated those thoughts lol.

Rent it and try it for yourself.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

MADDEN $34.99 at Best Buy on Black Friday. We have plenty of them in stock...
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #19
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The best advice is to rent the game.

Then you will be able to evaluate it and decide for yourself.
Yes that is the best thing to do as Roadman says to do. Rent it first and form your own opinion about and then if you like it. Then go to gamestop. Find the best copy they got used and if you have a edge card for Gamestop. That will take 10% off the used madden 11. Used madden 11 right now is 47.99 before the 10% off. After the 10% off it would be about 42.99 not encluding taxes. So with taxes and all. Madden 11 used would be around 46 bucks.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #20
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubR562
MADDEN $34.99 at Best Buy on Black Friday. We have plenty of them in stock...
Yeah try renting it first, and then if you like it I would be all over this deal.

It has its share of shortcomings, but is the best Madden on this gen console.

As someone said, 10 was alot better than 09. And 11 takes steps in the right direction to be a better game than 10.

Last edited by cable guy; 11-16-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #21
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Offline Franchise is a blast. The draft picks are well done, the sim stats are great.

Running a 32 team 'chise is the only way to go. You can set the CPU to do most stuff for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2010, 12:56 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

i have purchased every madden since 95 on release date and for the first time ever, i waited until damn near the middle of the season to buy M11. i've never been a 2K guy (except for when i worked at Sega testing 2K for DC) but i bought 2K5 for 99 cents at gamestop this summer and it really impressed me. despite that, i just felt this need to go back to madden because, for the most part, it's always been a fun experience even with the noticeable flaws and deficiencies.

all of that said, i'm finding this year's incarnation a slight upgrade from last year (i'm an offline franchise player and i don't do the control-all-teams thing). i'm disappointed with a few things in this year's version, but not as much as i was when 08 and 09 rolled in. M10 was very good and i stuck with that game well past the season and into the draft. i'm hoping i'll have that same feeling with M11. so far, things are just OK.

oh yeah, rent it first. read these boards. watch video clips.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Offline Franchise is a blast. The draft picks are well done, the sim stats are great.

Running a 32 team 'chise is the only way to go. You can set the CPU to do most stuff for you.
is this a joke?
Old 11-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsoldier
is this a joke?
Ya the sim stats are not great, far from it. There are actually problems in numerous areas:QB Ratings, comp %, QB sacks, RB averages, Defensive sacks, and probably more. RB averages are, in some instances, terrible. Backups and guys with no truck, break tackles skills, always have low averages. I actually edited the rosters, and upped the RB trucking, elusiveness and BCV so that everyone was on a 75+ scales and gotten pretty decent results. Of course that doesn't help past year one when you start getting rookies and for whatever reason can't edit their ratings....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »