Home

What's the point of lowering McNabb's Stamina?

This is a discussion on What's the point of lowering McNabb's Stamina? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3
What's the point of lowering McNabb's Stamina?

Madden just lowered McNabb's stamina, but what is this going to effect in the game? There is no 2 minute drill in madden, so its pretty much pointless.

But speaking of the lack of a 2 minute drill, when is Madden going to at least give us the option of having accelerated clock on during the final 2 minutes? It makes no sense to me that it is faster get to the line by calling a play then to do a hurry up offense. Put an accelerated clock on so if you huddle up to call a play you have the time runoff, which gives the player a reason to actually use a no huddle offense and have an actual 2 minute drill. Plus if you've got a big lead and your opponent has no timeouts, instead of waiting an actual 2 minutes to end the game, the accelerated clock will end it much faster. I get that some casual gamers may not know the controls and aren't good enough to run a two minute drill, which is why I say just make it an option to turn on and off during the final 2 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What's the point of lowering McNabb's Stamina?

this is to express his lack of cardiovascular fitness, just put in rex Gross- man..........

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Honestly, what's the point in many of the changes to the individual ratings we get from Tiburon? Most of the ratings lack transparency anyway.

I mean, so what if McNabb's stamina rating is reduced? It has no effect on gameplay, as he will still play like a generic quarterback - just like the rest of the quarterbacks in Madden.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp22
Madden just lowered McNabb's stamina, but what is this going to effect in the game? There is no 2 minute drill in madden, so its pretty much pointless.

But speaking of the lack of a 2 minute drill, when is Madden going to at least give us the option of having accelerated clock on during the final 2 minutes? It makes no sense to me that it is faster get to the line by calling a play then to do a hurry up offense. Put an accelerated clock on so if you huddle up to call a play you have the time runoff, which gives the player a reason to actually use a no huddle offense and have an actual 2 minute drill. Plus if you've got a big lead and your opponent has no timeouts, instead of waiting an actual 2 minutes to end the game, the accelerated clock will end it much faster. I get that some casual gamers may not know the controls and aren't good enough to run a two minute drill, which is why I say just make it an option to turn on and off during the final 2 minutes.
I don't even have Madden 11 anymore, but that is ridiculous. There's no reason to lower McNabb's stamina. His benching had nothing to do with is cardio; everyone, maybe I should say almost everyone, knows that. He was stinking up the joint and Shanahan was just fed up. He saw, in McNabb, what us philly fans have been seeing for the last half a decade: McNabb stinks, lower his accuracy in everything accept the long ball, cause that's the only throw he can make with any consistency. I would say lower his awareness, but we all know that awareness is irrelevant in Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Honestly, what's the point in many of the changes to the individual ratings we get from Tiburon? Most of the ratings lack transparency anyway.

I mean, so what if McNabb's stamina rating is reduced? It has no effect on gameplay, as he will still play like a generic quarterback - just like the rest of the quarterbacks in Madden.
Yep.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 11-07-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Kegthaplaya's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I don't even have Madden 11 anymore, but that is ridiculous. There's no reason to lower McNabb's stamina. His benching had nothing to do with is cardio; everyone, maybe I should say almost everyone, knows that. He was stinking up the joint and Shanahan was just fed up. He saw, in McNabb, what us philly fans have been seeing for the last half a decade. McNabb stinks, lower his accuracy in everything accept the long ball, cause that's the only throw he can make with any consistency. I would say lower his awareness, but we all know that awareness is irrelevant in Madden.

Yep.
Quoted for truth. Although i think your a bit hard on Mcnabb. Its not that he stinks, its that he cant handle pressure, and i dont mean a good pass rush. When he knows he needs to step up and make things happen he plays drastically worse. Otherwise hes a great player. Hes pretty much the oppisite of Eli Manning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I could be wrong, but I thought the lowered stamina was a humorous response to the nonsense coming out of Shanahan's mouth this week.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:48 AM   #7
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

"The cardiovascular endurance that it takes to run a two-minute, going all the way down with no timeouts, calling plays, it's just not easy." Shanahan said. "If I thought it was the best situation to do, then Donovan would have run the two-minute offense."
Old 11-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegthaplaya
Quoted for truth. Although i think your a bit hard on Mcnabb. Its not that he stinks, its that he cant handle pressure, and i dont mean a good pass rush. When he knows he needs to step up and make things happen he plays drastically worse. Otherwise hes a great player. Hes pretty much the oppisite of Eli Manning.
Now that he doesn't have the mobility he had when he was younger, he stinks. He's inaccurate, folds under pressure, and doesn't read defenses well.His ability to extend plays and pull a rabbit out of a hat masked those deficiencies; now that his legs are gone everything is exposed. How many times did you see McNabb check out of a play, or point out the will( the fifth man in the protection) like every other QB in the league does ? We also know now that he can't run a two minute offense consistently. Don't get me wrong, I don't buy Shanahan's excuse that he didn't understand the terminology or lacked stamina; It just seems odd that Kolb and Vick have been fine in the 2 minute drill. We used to, as a fan base, wonder whether it was Reid who took too long to get the plays in, or whether Donny Mac just couldn't consistently run a two minute offense; we now know the answer.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 11-09-2010 at 05:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »