Home

can madden do it without branched animations?

This is a discussion on can madden do it without branched animations? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
can madden do it without branched animations?

thoughts?

are you guys happy with gameplay for the most part?

i like everything about madden except for gameplay so as soon as they fix that im hooked for life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: can madden do it without branched animations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsoldier
thoughts?

are you guys happy with gameplay for the most part?

i like everything about madden except for gameplay so as soon as they fix that im hooked for life.
Can you elaborate what part of branched animations you don't like? Or do you prefer to have an animation be locked once it starts without the ability to branch out of it.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Can you elaborate what part of branched animations you don't like? Or do you prefer to have an animation be locked once it starts without the ability to branch out of it.
oh sorry.....what i mean is that instead of having one animation with one outcome madden should have multiple animations for certain plays which could result in a number of different outcomes. thus things such as multiple hits and tackles would be possible and the player which engages in a animation could have more than one outcome depending on the play. this would make the gameplay seem less scripted and more life-like IMO.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsoldier
oh sorry.....what i mean is that instead of having one animation with one outcome madden should have multiple animations for certain plays which could result in a number of different outcomes. thus things such as multiple hits and tackles would be possible and the player which engages in a animation could have more than one outcome depending on the play. this would make the gameplay seem less scripted and more life-like IMO.
But isn't that what branching animations already are? or are you looking for more of a variety of outcomes than there already are? Sorry if I'm confusing.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
But isn't that what branching animations already are? or are you looking for more of a variety of outcomes than there already are? Sorry if I'm confusing.
i don't think madden has enough.....i might have screwed up the title lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 01:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

i agree. madden needs more branching animations. there are times when i get sent into an animation and i just give up on the play cuz i know whats gonna happen already.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeg1713
i agree. madden needs more branching animations. there are times when i get sent into an animation and i just give up on the play cuz i know whats gonna happen already.
This is what aggravates me about madden in general. The predetermination of the outcome of a play based on the animations selected to happen at that time. I don't think there are enough animations, but every now and then you see an animation that makes you do a double take. Then it makes me say well that animation is in the game, so why isn't it used more, which makes me conclude that certain animations are simply over used.

Then there are the collisions, I got bored and frustrated watching the safety and DB do the same animation at the same time, or watching 5 colliding players converge on a tackle only to have no effect, and simply all fall to the ground. This is where madden would benefit the most with some type of physics based collision system, but would that actually stop the predetermined animations that occur with such frequency?? I'm not complete convinced on this because of the history of the franchise. I remember when branching animations were first introduced, and within the next 2 installments of the game, they became inconsequential to gameplay because of the selection of animations chosen to occur at any given time for any particular situation. It make you feel helpless while playing the game as is your not controlling or you have no part in what is taking place on the field so why should I be even holding the controller.

sorry about the mini rant, but this is a sore subject for me.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This has always been a bone of contention and will continue to do so until something is done about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »