Home

Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October

This is a discussion on Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #65
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8

Well to me this is clearly only for October but I seem to be on my own.
It's Madden sales from Aug-Oct this year compared to last. So Madden sales are 18% behind where they were last year at this time.

Edit: Unless Cowen and Company comment on game series sales differently than other analysts. Either way, this will result in Madden sales being significantly down if this number holds for consecutive months.

Last edited by RaychelSnr; 11-17-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
It took them this long to get where they are today, you honestly think a new engine is the answer?
and where are they exactly? half the people that buy madden hate it and the other half buys it cause its NFL.

i just got done playing apf2k8 and during a cut scene in the background there was a cop standing by the stands......amazing DETAIL! this game came out 4 years ago, and never used crappy gimmicks to suck people into buying the game....4 years later and im still enjoying the game..........i don't even think if i combine all of the maddens would it equal 4 years.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2
I didn't buy Madden 11 because Madden always stays the same to me. There are never any huge inprovments on the game, so I think the Madden franchise needs to take a huge step in Madden 12.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #68
Banned

they have to, if they don't 2k will come along in 2013 and put madden to sleep.....if there was ever any pressure on madden dev team i think it is now. the only chance madden has survive is if EA finally decides to buy out Take Two which i think Activision has a better chance of doing so. nonetheless, if 2k is successful in getting the NFL license it will be the beginning of the end. at that point i can see madden only come out for Wii or gameboy or something lol
Old 11-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #69
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden Sales Down 18% from last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
It's Madden sales from Aug-Oct this year compared to last. So Madden sales are 18% behind where they were last year at this time.

Edit: Unless Cowen and Company comment on game series sales differently than other analysts. Either way, this will result in Madden sales being significantly down if this number holds for consecutive months.
You know more than me. This is great news for sim gamers. No way does John Riccitiello survive this. Probably a few others will go aswell.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #70
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
You know more than me. This is great news for sim gamers. No way does John Riccitiello survive this. Probably a few others will go aswell.
Haha, I think at least. I see what you are saying. I actually hunted down the original quote and it was just as vague, so you don't know how they are defining it.

However, 18% Y-o-Y declines each month (if that's how it is actually being calculated) would result in Final Madden sales being down nearly 8-10% anyways. So if the game started off well and then sales collapse compared to the year before, that's a VERY negative sign for sales the next year anyways. So regardless on how Cowen and Co. did calculate this, this is horribly negative for EA and Co.

Either way, I'll update the thread title and add a bit to the original news piece just to give this possibility some air-time
Old 11-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #71
Banned

InSainn's Arena

I keep hearing people say how good NCAA was this year. Yes, it didn't have an addictive dynasty mode and yes, they way they captured the atmosphere of college football was amazing. I also love all the different offensive styles. To me these are all things that should be a given in a college football game. NCAA still lacked big time in the gameplay department. Linebackers don't stop on a dime, time their jump perfectly, and swat the ball down everytime they attempt it. NCAA still has alot of the same gameplay flaws that Madden has. Still no true consecutive hits, still no route based passing, still the same stale ol' gameplay feel. Before I traded it in I loved playing with all the lil side things in NCAA but when it came time to get on the field it was just a headache, much like Madden. I traded both games in and got NHL 11, which I'm personally very happy with, it's not a huge upgrade from last year but the small additions that were made really add to the realism. Anyway, as for Madden, I'm done with it, hopefully someday we'll see another NFL 2K game. Maybe in the meantime 2K could make us a UFL 2K or CFL 2K game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #72
Rookie

Titans4lyfe's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Sales Down 18% from last year

I was one of the people who didn't buy Madden this year. Like Gotmadskillzson said, they seem to not care at all about the people who play offline. They expect me to play basically the same Madden with a couple of new gameplay gimmicks. If they added the features off of NFL Head Coach 09 franchise, then the offline franchise wouldn't be nearly as boring. Add that to the fact that they still haven't added all the little things (progressive weather, interactive sideline, better commentary, ect). I, for one, will not be buying Madden until they make some type of progress in improving offline franchise.

Edit-I hate to always bring NFL2k into a Madden discussion but, Madden IMO is still behind NFL2k5. That game was able to pull me in like NBA2k11 has recently done to me. Madden hasn't had that affect on me since last gen.
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by Titans4lyfe; 11-17-2010 at 08:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »