Home

Why the sim gamer will make EA more money than "tourney or casual" gamer

This is a discussion on Why the sim gamer will make EA more money than "tourney or casual" gamer within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-22-2010, 12:31 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why the sim gamer will make EA more money than "tourney or casual" gamer

Quote:

I could care less who makes a football game. I just want a game i can play for months, as a matter of fact till the next version is released.
I totally agree with you. I stopped playing my copy of Madden a month after I got it. Whenever I watch the NFL on Sundays I get the itch to play a football game, then I remember that the Madden is so far from a realistic NFL game.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:03 AM   #34
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

I mean, GAMEFLOW = Auto Playcalling. Add in option for auto playcalling, add option for fastplay (less cutscenes) and move on....no need to blow out the feature w/ commentary that will get stale or never get listened too period. That's too much marketing dollars and time spent on such a small OPTION. Get that that small ish out of the way and work on bigger stuff (there may have been some things unfinished and cut, but we dont get to play that).

I feel EA makes features that qualify as options. In the podcast, they were talking about a real mode....we dont need a real mode....sliders to make 'real' things happen more frequently. Leaving PI out of the game? Why? Just turn it down on default and lets us adjust it from there...that's why there are sliders. Second, why isn't the gameplay tuned from a realistic threshold...i truly believe the ratings system will shine. As now, the gameplay has to be tuned from an already unrealistic stand point.

I know the frustrations of coaching dont usually translate well into video games, but we need this stuff.

EDIT: With the inclusion of a speed threshold, why did they stretch speed ratings manually? Couldn't they just have altered the threshold under the hood.

Last edited by phant030; 11-23-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #35
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree 100% .Ive said it a million times.Give me more DLC! But I want things in Franchise Mode!

I want the option of earning it too though.Like The Show does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #36
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Wait, Ryan, I don't... what?

I'm confused.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...re-arcade.html

I give up.
Lol Gaither...poor kid. I would never play an arcade Madden. What I want them to do is start updating the ps2 version with features...it's still so much more fun than this gen. I wish my ps3 was backwards compatible so I could try to play last gen madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »