Home

Should I Get Madden 11

This is a discussion on Should I Get Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12
Should I Get Madden 11

I have been playing Madden ever since its early years, then I moved to 2K around 2K3 because it was just more sim to me. Then after NFL 2K5 (which I still play with updated rosters) I got back to Madden and I was very upset with the game until '08 thats when it was actually enjoyable. When Madden 09 came out, I HATED IT, so I went back to 2K until '10 came out and it was ok. Then I moved to BackBreaker and downloaded some NFL rosters and I haven't went back to Madden ever since. But since I grew up on Madden I at least think I should give it a try... Do you think I would be happy with it and why??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Should I Get Madden 11

don't buy it....its not even better than madden 10, which IMO wasn't good either. Im personally playing a basketball game to get away from the lack of football quality product.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsoldier
don't buy it....its not even better than madden 10, which IMO wasn't good either. Im personally playing a basketball game to get away from the lack of football quality product.
I only disagree with the point of 11 not being better than 10. 11, at the least, addressed some of the issues of 10 like some of the warping on blocks. Some money plays were plugged, and Pro Tack has more variety. Outside of that, emotionally, I feel like this game had a skeleton team on it.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Franchise is still terrible and I think the gameplay is too arcade-like. It's easy to score a lot of point even with a slider set. Presentation is a bit better but if you like franchise it hasn't improved.

I'd hold off to be honest. I see it's $39.99 some places for Black Friday but that's still to high IMO. It just hasn't changed much.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
Franchise is still terrible and I think the gameplay is too arcade-like. It's easy to score a lot of point even with a slider set. Presentation is a bit better but if you like franchise it hasn't improved.

I'd hold off to be honest. I see it's $39.99 some places for Black Friday but that's still to high IMO. It just hasn't changed much.
My problem is that they are neglecting the flagship title for all this pay for play crap, and too many people are rewarding them for it. Well, they get what they get. I don't mind pay for new things as long as:

1. The flagship shows the same level of effort and improvement.
2. The features that were "free" in the main title aren't removed to go to a pay model.

I'm not saying this is what they are doing, but it would not surprise me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Is say no just buy NCAA 11. Gameplay and dynasty are pretty well put together.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Bro as me Ryan and some other people have said to other people who have asked this in the past. The best thing for you to do is go rent it from your local video store. If you find out that you like it then go buy it. Asking people is just going to confuse you more bro. Everyone has their own opinion and everyone opinion is different about the game or any game. Some people might like it and some people might not like it. Some people might somewhat enjoy it. The best way to do it is rent it and form your own opinion about it before deciding to buy it. But if you decide to buy it and if you got a local Gamestop near buy. Go there. Used copy of madden 11 is about 48 bucks and with a edge card you will get 10%off of it and it be about 42$ then plus taxes. It will be around 46$ altogether. But again the best way to find out wheather or not you want to buy it. Go rent it first. That's the best advice you can get around here from people.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #8
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

No, it's fun for a short time but gets old and annoying really quickly.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »