Home

Can a 5'9" player reach higher than 6'5"?

This is a discussion on Can a 5'9" player reach higher than 6'5"? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #41
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Can a 5'9" player reach higher than 6'5"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremvp1
change the speed from 50 to 20-15 and it should help
I just tried changing 50 to 15 and guess what? The CPUs WR with 86 speed beats my CB (98 OVR 99-man coverage) with 94 speed (both have same acceleration). OK, so what happened? What was the CB doing that allowed the pass? The CB stood there a few yards away while the ball was floating to the WR, didn't make any attempt to defend against the pass. Jump? No. Raise a hand? No. He simply stood there watching the ball go into the WR's hands and tackled him. Also worth noting is they both stood there waiting for the ball. CB's Catch rating is 82, Jump 99, OVR 98--the highest rated CB in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #42
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but come on man, it's Madden NFL Football...

What do you expect?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
I just tried changing 50 to 15 and guess what? The CPUs WR with 86 speed beats my CB (98 OVR 99-man coverage) with 94 speed (both have same acceleration). OK, so what happened? What was the CB doing that allowed the pass? The CB stood there a few yards away while the ball was floating to the WR, didn't make any attempt to defend against the pass. Jump? No. Raise a hand? No. He simply stood there watching the ball go into the WR's hands and tackled him. Also worth noting is they both stood there waiting for the ball. CB's Catch rating is 82, Jump 99, OVR 98--the highest rated CB in the NFL.
Maybe it has something to do with "coach mode" then, not sure because I rarely seen my top rated corners do this while playing on all pro, see it alot in madden, which forces me to take controll over the cb....but that's fun for me.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #44
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremvp1
Maybe it has something to do with "coach mode" then, not sure because I rarely seen my top rated corners do this while playing on all pro, see it alot in madden, which forces me to take controll over the cb....but that's fun for me.
It can't have anything to do with Coach mode.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #45
All Star

OVR: 33

A terribly thrown ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 08:11 AM   #46
All Star

OVR: 33

i'm 5'7 and i've outleaped a 6'5 player before for a catch in real life.

And my vertical is terrible.

It was just a terrible ball + positioning + context.

Madden is not a number crunching game. There's still an element of luck to it too.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #47
JVM
Banned

The thing you miss is what I see happening on the same type of play with participants reversed. This was posted here previously, but worth mentioning again: when the CPU's 6'5" WR is standing there waiting for the catch, same as my guy was, the CB, mine, 6' and 98-99 jump, stands there and watches the ball zoom into the hands of the receiver. Now, why didn't my CB jump, raise a hand to deflect the pass?

The point? I would not have started this thread if all was equal in terms of pass defense; the problem is pass defense and WR getting open, and QB awareness are all not equal. I am in my 15th season and this is my observation, and apparently others have noticed this as well.

Getting back to my 6'5 WR and that 5'9 CB, you guys have not seen the play. I did. There was no effort made by my WR to catch the ball. None. In addition, the very same play happened against the same CB in both games against that team.

It was not a terribly thrown pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »