Home

Elusiveness, Spin, Juke....what's the relation?

This is a discussion on Elusiveness, Spin, Juke....what's the relation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Elusiveness, Spin, Juke....what's the relation?

I have a stud RB, Jamario Alexander, who has progessed to 98 in elusiveness, but is only 83 in spin and high 70's in juke.

What does elusiveness mean and how does it apply to actual gameplay? He can pull off a great juke or spin....so how is he elusive?

Is elusiveness simply controlled by the right stick? He has 98 trucking, so when/how does the CPU decide to which to use?

I think we need to get rid of some of these ratings. How can a guy be elusive but unable to spin/juke well????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Elusiveness, Spin, Juke....what's the relation?

Elusiveness and trucking are Madden's break tackle ratings. Unfortunately trucking doesn't seem to work in Madden 11, so elusiveness is the most important rating in determining if a player can break tackles. That's why you often see all the small backs and nimble receivers break out of tackles and go the distance in the game.

Elusiveness is not controlled by the right stick, but juke and spin moves are (you can still use buttons for spin moves though). However, the new locomotion system practically makes these moves useless as a good ballcarrier can outmaneuver any defender if his agility ratings is high enough, because the "90 degrees in one yard" turns while running full speed are back in the game.

I personally stopped using the right stick (before I traded in the game), because I felt the juke animation were too slow and therefore useless compared to using the left stick, the trucking didn't seem the work and the new "protect the ball" twist was a pure visual feature.

A well timed spin move still works, but I preferred using the button for that.

Quote:
I think we need to get rid of some of these ratings.
I've been saying that for a long time now

Last edited by guaps; 11-16-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

So there's no way to "control" elusiveness?

I can pull off spins and jukes with players rated highly in those categories and I can truck with the right stick with players rated high, but I never knew how elusiveness was controlled or implemented.

So we have no control over it? It's just processed when a player is about to be tackled?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Elusiveness and trucking are Madden's break tackle ratings. Unfortunately trucking doesn't seem to work in Madden 11, so elusiveness is the most important rating in determining if a player can break tackles. That's why you often see all the small backs and nimble receivers break out of tackles and go the distance in the game.

Elusiveness is not controlled by the right stick, but juke and spin moves are (you can still use buttons for spin moves though). However, the new locomotion system practically makes these moves useless as a good ballcarrier can outmaneuver any defender if his agility ratings is high enough, because the "90 degrees in one yard" turns while running full speed are back in the game.

I personally stopped using the right stick (before I traded in the game), because I felt the juke animation were too slow and therefore useless compared to using the left stick, the trucking didn't seem the work and the new "protect the ball" twist was a pure visual feature.

A well timed spin move still works, but I preferred using the button for that.

I've been saying that for a long time now
I think in the podcast they said they were looking for new attributes to add. I liked what they did this year just making ones already there like acceleration and agility actually matter. I would love if they made an animation for power moves.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I think in the podcast they said they were looking for new attributes to add. I liked what they did this year just making ones already there like acceleration and agility actually matter. I would love if they made an animation for power moves.
We surely don't need Elusiveness.

Juke and Spin are what make a person elusive and trucking is what makes a ball-carrier physical. Since there's not even a function button for elusiveness I say it's a waste of time. It's also, as I stated in the OP, very confusing to have a 95 elusive rated back who can't juke or spin well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
We surely don't need Elusiveness.

Juke and Spin are what make a person elusive and trucking is what makes a ball-carrier physical. Since there's not even a function button for elusiveness I say it's a waste of time. It's also, as I stated in the OP, very confusing to have a 95 elusive rated back who can't juke or spin well.
I think the devs said before some stats are there just for the sim engine and have no influence when you play.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

We DEFINETLY need elusiveness. It's the players chance of avoiding tackles without juking or spinning. The old LT for example never was great at juking, and rarely spinned, but was one of the most elusive backs the league has ever seen.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

A balance rating could be cool, with those animations where the players stumble and fall. Some players could recover, would work well on shoe string tackles. Big backs get tripped up much easier i think. The bad thing about the stumble animation is no one can tackle them while they are in it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »