Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #2

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Future Maddens.

I would say that its for multiple reasons. The CPU QB almost always moves to the right to buy time or try to escape. Also, when a back stays in to block, it seems like most of the time the default first read is to the left side of the offensive line when the RE is coming from. So he gets chipped a whole lot more then the LE.
You just took the words out of my mouth regarding the RE. CPU QB damn near always moves towards the RE when trying to escape. RE is always closer to the QB, thats why he seems to be more effective. I second the bit about the RB keying on a particular side also.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #58
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #2

I know this has been said, but it needs to be said over and over apparently. If the Madden team would just listen to us, we can turn this thing around. There isn't a community out there that has more football knowledge than right here.

Madden 09 was terrible. Ian and co. listened to us and Madden 10 was a huge improvement. Thats still not saying to much, but it was a marked improvement. Then EA decided they were gonna pull their devs away from us and look what we got in Madden 11. A marginal improvement at best, and some would say a step back.

I just don't get how they feel that people don't want a deep sim game. The proof is in the pudding.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmitty34
Instead of Boycotting Madden, lets try to get our concerns across to the developers..
I can see it now:

"We asked for a revamped franchise mode, and we got 'design the cheerleaders' uniforms'."

Seriously, dude, we've been telling them what we want since the next-gen jump. It hasn't quite worked out yet.....
Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think the problem with the Madden devs at the moment is that they aren't really sim gamers. When they talked about 2k11 they were like "oh man this so sim, it's waaay to complicated for me" and so they come to the conclusion that the constumers are also too dumb to enjoy a sim game.

As long as the current devs aren't really big football fans (and they don't seem to be) we will never see a true sim Madden. Because only a real football fan can appreciate a real sim football game.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #61
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

they need to scrap there engine and buy backbreakers the running motions in noway look human
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr
I think the problem with the Madden devs at the moment is that they aren't really sim gamers. When they talked about 2k11 they were like "oh man this so sim, it's waaay to complicated for me" and so they come to the conclusion that the constumers are also too dumb to enjoy a sim game.

As long as the current devs aren't really big football fans (and they don't seem to be) we will never see a true sim Madden. Because only a real football fan can appreciate a real sim football game.
The only thing that can be complicated is the controls, not the actual gameplay. I don't see how the game being so simulated has to do with being complex. It appears to be complicated to them because there's a lot more to the sport than what they know.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
they need to scrap there engine and buy backbreakers the running motions in noway look human
And backbreakers do... lol.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #64
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
Imagine what they could do with the engine and all their resources. If they have to wait until the next consoles I hope they start developing them soon.

I've had a 360 since launch, upgraded my computer twice since then and even with an elite it's still the same basic console.

Maybe we can get a new console by Q4 2011-Q1 2012.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »