Home

Old 11-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Sack story

Since my LT and LG are 99s in PBS, I was wondering why someone got through and sacked my QB. Now I realize that someone can get through the 99s, but I decided to check it out. I went to the Replay and what I saw wasn't pretty. My LT turned to the left, facing LG, and the opposing enemy rushed in and sacked my QB. So, my question is why did the LT turn away from the player in front of him moving forward? Well, the obvious reason would be he was having a conversation with the LG and the LG said something that offended him and he turned to face him. The other possibility is the CPU decided it was time for a sack. Another possibility could be the player coming toward the LT had such bad body order that he had to turn away.

Are you checking replays to see how you get sacked? You might find some interesting stories there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Sack story

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Since my LT and LG are 99s in PBS, I was wondering why someone got through and sacked my QB. Now I realize that someone can get through the 99s, but I decided to check it out. I went to the Replay and what I saw wasn't pretty. My LT turned to the left, facing LG, and the opposing enemy rushed in and sacked my QB. So, my question is why did the LT turn away from the player in front of him moving forward? Well, the obvious reason would be he was having a conversation with the LG and the LG said something that offended him and he turned to face him. The other possibility is the CPU decided it was time for a sack. Another possibility could be the player coming toward the LT had such bad body order that he had to turn away.

Are you checking replays to see how you get sacked? You might find some interesting stories there.
The gameplay is not balanced when you are playing against the CPU. It hasn't been for some time, but I think it's the only way the developers can keep it somewhat competitive. They'll get gimmie sacks like that but damned if you will when you're on defense and not manually controlling a lineman.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

The line play is absolutely pathetic. Last game I counted how many times Jeff Saturday (91 rated, very good str/fw ratings for both passing and running) got owned right off the snap -- happend 50% of the time. That is, he was immediately shucked to the side or put on his butt as the initial animation right after he snapped the ball.

Meanwhile, I can rush 4 DL, 1 LG, and a CB and every single guy gets picked up and can't get off his block for at least 3 seconds. Overload blitzing is the ONLY way I can get to the QB and this is in franchise mode where I've got some real talented guys.

For all the other problems with this game (notably clueless defenders in man coverage who run forward full speed past the WR instead of using proper footwork to slow down and keep their hips free), nothing has a bigger effect on the game. Offense becomes all or nothing and defensively opposing QBs regularly get 4-5 seconds to through unless there's an all out blitz.

If devs want to know how to fix the passing game, they should start with getting the line play right.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Those clueless defenders you speak of are serving a purpose, they are allowing a pass completion. Reason: CPU decided it's time for a pass completion--no matter who is covering. I believe the game does some of these things to make it more challenging, get the opposing team some stats, or maybe punish you for buying the game.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea the oline blocking for the human controlled team is horrible about 75% of the time in one way or another. While yet the AI oline can remain almost perfect through out the game and pick up all blitz sent it's way and never get through. I can't understand for the life of me how they can make the AI great on both sides of the ball but yet the human controlled team is not all that great most of the time. But hopefully this problem will get fixed sooner of later down the road.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 11-22-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »