Home

Anybody else a little disapointed with Madden 04?

This is a discussion on Anybody else a little disapointed with Madden 04? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 10:44 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anybody else a little disapointed with Madden 04?

I don't know what everyone was expecting. Madden doesn't really change from year to year because the game is top of the line. Every year they just tweak AI add more animations an incorporate new feature. I think the playmaker control is pretty revolutionary as it gives you more control, and next years version will probably improve upon this new feature. The Owner Mode is also very deep, for those of us who like to take control of a team and play versus the CPU. Other games are playing catch up to Madden, this is why they revamp their games from year to year. I am noticing the ESPN football is also the same game with improvements. FOr both EA and VC its hard to change a game once it reaches a certain level of greatness. That being said I don't see any major gameplay changes coming for eith game until the next generation systems are released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 12:30 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:

jcyph said:
Quote:

Jordan said:
I can garuntee you that anyone that is disapointed, just played the demo, a loyal NFL2k4 fan, or too young to earn a real paycheck. Because first the game is better than 2003, 2. its only $50, and 3. its only gripe should be the xbox import problem. And if they stole your 50 dollars, poop on you for not renting it first. The hype is always better than the actuall game, thats just how it works. And all you haters or disapointments will not be able to deny that you love to play madden when you get adjusted to the newness, and find other small cool things. Also to the real madden fans on this board, the game is great, don't hold back, if your not sure rent it, but you'll love it.

-JWay

Well i make good money, and actually have the completed game and i can feel everyones discontent with the game. It feels the same to me as last year with some upgrades. Dont get me wrong i like the game, but it is very similar to last years game.

Owner mode is a very good addition and the defense is better, but the same game. I can overstand why people wanna try ESPN because no one wants to pay 50 for a game that is not totally new, but all in all if i had to post a score on this game i think i would give it an 83!! I prefer NCAA, but this game is a nice complement to it. Why such a low score, well it plays just like last years edition with some updates, but still a good game.

This game does have some differnce's in gameplay i feel a lot more presured as a QB now because i cant drop back 20 steps and throw the ball unless im vick. its funner to play defense then last year but overall it just feels the same to me which might not be bad to some people but i have made my decision to buy espn when it comes out nad will probly end up playing that more then this years madden.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 10

i wasnt dissapointed playmaker was sweettttttttt the animations are better the tackles are color i like the game but the graphics are ok sub par
Old 08-12-2003, 12:59 PM   #44
Rookie

"if its in the game its in the game" thats bull have you ever seen the raiders run a shotgun in real life? no!!!!!!! but in madden they have a full shotgun set i guess they meant if its in madden its in madden plus the out routes are pretty much unstoppable because the balance between defense and offense is terrible my buddy and i went back and forth scoring on each other it felt like a college game because all you have to do is pick on a teams worst db and you can eat him alive with a second string reciever.....we were playing raiders vs falcons michael vick had 250 yrds passing at the half.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what since when has michael vick had 250 yds passing in a game? the hype killed this game because what otherwise would have been a decent game hype raised the bar to a level it cant live up to..tip if you play with a good tight end like tony gonzalez hes unstoppable just run out route after out route and youll see.....also run alot of corner routes with fast recievers since you can still drop back 30 yds and pass you shloud be fine.......hey "if its in the game its in the game" this should hold me over until sept 4
Old 08-12-2003, 01:03 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:

CeriousBuc said:
I don't know what everyone was expecting. Madden doesn't really change from year to year because the game is top of the line.

The graphics are bottom of the line. Way behind ESPN and Fever.

They could've upgraded that this year. Right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 01:14 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 17

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=same

everyone, please follow the link above and reply...
Old 08-12-2003, 01:22 PM   #47
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

This game does have some differnce's in gameplay i feel a lot more presured as a QB now because i cant drop back 20 steps and throw the ball unless im vick. its funner to play defense then last year but overall it just feels the same to me which might not be bad to some people but i have made my decision to buy espn when it comes out nad will probly end up playing that more then this years madden.

Having a functional pass rush is something that I always expect, not something that I see and go OMG!>@@$MO)@...
Old 08-12-2003, 01:38 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 14

My impression was that I'm disappointed. I picked it up last night at 9:30 and played like 2 hours in practice mode till I hit the field.

First though, my jaw dropped when I saw the team specific menu themes!! I do love that. Also, screen passes are starting to look beautiful now. However, these are the only things I like.

1) The game speed is way too fast! Now it really feels like an arcade game. Putting the game on Pro or Rookie didn't help either since I ran up my point total to 75 before the 4th quarter with Baltimore. It's just too fast to make decent reads.

2) I know EA said they addressed the corner route situation but DAWMMMMMM!!! These DBs look like superman because ALL the DBs I faced had 48-inch verticals to swat or intercept the ball for the corner routes.

Other than that the game _seems_ solid but those two reasons alone warrant the game to be returned today after work. I'm not looking for a super fast paced football game that I can't enjoy playing/watching.

What a disappointment after years and years since 93.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »