Home

Anybody else a little disapointed with Madden 04?

This is a discussion on Anybody else a little disapointed with Madden 04? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 01:39 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anybody else a little disapointed with Madden 04?

Quote:

jimmyp said:
The graphics are bottom of the line. Way behind ESPN and Fever.

They could've upgraded that this year. Right?

IMO, the graphics for Madden on the Xbox are the best of any football game, ESPN included.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:46 PM   #50
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

1) The game speed is way too fast! Now it really feels like an arcade game. Putting the game on Pro or Rookie didn't help either since I ran up my point total to 75 before the 4th quarter with Baltimore. It's just too fast to make decent reads.

I dont know abut you but the game speed seems just right. Its noticably slower than NCAA I can tell you that much.

Quote:

2) I know EA said they addressed the corner route situation but DAWMMMMMM!!! These DBs look like superman because ALL the DBs I faced had 48-inch verticals to swat or intercept the ball for the corner routes.

*Sigh* ppl want the DB AI to play better and when they do, they dont like it. EA cant win for losing sometimes.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:50 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 14

Graphik said:
Quote:

I dont know abut you but the game speed seems just right. Its noticably slower than NCAA I can tell you that much.

Why don't you know about me? I told everyone how I felt about the speed.

Quote:

*Sigh* ppl want the DB AI to play better and when they do, they dont like it. EA cant win for losing sometimes.

Please don't generalize. I am not "ppl". This is only me talking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 01:55 PM   #52
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

CeriousBuc said:
Quote:

jimmyp said:
The graphics are bottom of the line. Way behind ESPN and Fever.

They could've upgraded that this year. Right?

IMO, the graphics for Madden on the Xbox are the best of any football game, ESPN included.

I dunno about the best (ESPN probably), but I've always loved Madden's fluidity. Although, it appears the faces have less detail to them, and I still hate the look of natural grass (not green enough).

But omg, have you seen the helmet reflections when playing in an arena like Texas Stadium? Amazing!
Old 08-12-2003, 02:04 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 21

Yesterday I was thinking damn....maybe its just me that thinks this game is not much of an upgrade gameplay wise. Maybe I am completely burnt out on this game. After reading through most threads I see I am not alone.

The guys that are violently defending Madden seem to ignore what most of us are saying and saying what we are not saying. I can see why they like the game. I stated that in my original post in the impressions thread. If you liked Madden last year, you will like it this year. It did not get worse it improved the D a little and added a few trinkets to the offense. The Upgrade part I think is in the franchise mode. Thats where the most work was done. I am playing Madden and I like what they have done as the game does play a bit better than last year but I think the jump they made this year gameplay wise was so small that if you played alot of 2003 Madden it wont be long before you become bored with this version.

They dont have to improve the graphics or overhaul the game engine every year and as good as the game plays that is not necessary. However, I felt that something should be added to the game yearly that impacts the gameplay in a way that makes the game more interesting. That did not happen this year. The stuff they added gameplay wise should have been in the game 2 years ago.

With that being said. I am sure alot of people are happy with it. I am to a degree happy with it. I will play it. I think part of this cycle may be my fault. Is it really necessary to purchase Madden every year ? You get caught up in the hype and anticipation of the new game.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:32 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 9

here's 2 things that really bug me...

1) play actions, they happen so darn fast and it's quick as lightning
2) diving- seems like the defender moves out of the way a little and lets you get an extra yard or so. But then again I'm comparing this to ESPN's dive. And also when diving it seems like the defender falls flat on his face instead of making a dive, lol.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:33 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 9

but the thing i love most is owner mode, i'm amazed at the depth and strategy involved...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 03:34 PM   #56
Rookie

simpsman2244's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

TombSong said:
Yesterday I was thinking damn....maybe its just me that thinks this game is not much of an upgrade gameplay wise. Maybe I am completely burnt out on this game. After reading through most threads I see I am not alone.

The guys that are violently defending Madden seem to ignore what most of us are saying and saying what we are not saying. I can see why they like the game. I stated that in my original post in the impressions thread. If you liked Madden last year, you will like it this year. It did not get worse it improved the D a little and added a few trinkets to the offense. The Upgrade part I think is in the franchise mode. Thats where the most work was done. I am playing Madden and I like what they have done as the game does play a bit better than last year but I think the jump they made this year gameplay wise was so small that if you played alot of 2003 Madden it wont be long before you become bored with this version.

They dont have to improve the graphics or overhaul the game engine every year and as good as the game plays that is not necessary. However, I felt that something should be added to the game yearly that impacts the gameplay in a way that makes the game more interesting. That did not happen this year. The stuff they added gameplay wise should have been in the game 2 years ago.

With that being said. I am sure alot of people are happy with it. I am to a degree happy with it. I will play it. I think part of this cycle may be my fault. Is it really necessary to purchase Madden every year ? You get caught up in the hype and anticipation of the new game.

so playmaker doesn't impact the gameplay at all? i cant really comment on the game yet because i dont have it yet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »