Home

4 Kickoff Returns for a TD...in a row!!!

This is a discussion on 4 Kickoff Returns for a TD...in a row!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
4 Kickoff Returns for a TD...in a row!!!

I super sim extra points and kick off returns in order to give a chance for the computer with scores on special teams and better field position. I am absolutely amazed at the "accuracy" of Madden and the sim engine because as you know this happens all the time in the NFL.

It's in the game, its because EA said so...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Rookie

bigdeezy95's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 4 Kickoff Returns for a TD...in a row!!!

anything can happen in madden its been proven... ive been down by 4 touchdowns starting the 4th on all madden annd somehow ive come back its just how madden is. its like madden is on a constant period. its always moody. but in the game anything can happen and i wudnt doubt that i have put up 4 or 5 kicks/punts in a row
Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I used to try and do this. But I experienced what you did. There's handful of reasons for this. But, basically, in supersim mode kickoff returns are extremely likely if the receiving team is down at least one score.

I don't know if M10/M11 are programmed the same way as Madden 08 on the PC. But if so, there are hidden codes assigned each team which detrmine things from play style to competitiveness (regardless of the OVR of a team at each position). I have a gut feeling things are still being done this way, and is reflected in the increased probability of a simmed KO return for a TD.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence1206
I don't know if M10/M11 are programmed the same way as Madden 08 on the PC. But if so, there are hidden codes assigned each team which detrmine things from play style to competitiveness (regardless of the OVR of a team at each position). I have a gut feeling things are still being done this way, and is reflected in the increased probability of a simmed KO return for a TD.
Definitely. I can't return kicks or punts worth a damn, but it seems like if I supersim my defense/special teams, I often get at least one KR/PR touchdown a game. Sometimes more than one for both sides. The coding is a little screwy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »