Home

So, should I wait for ESPN Football 2004?

This is a discussion on So, should I wait for ESPN Football 2004? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-12-2003, 12:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
So, should I wait for ESPN Football 2004?

It seems like a lot of people are dissapointed with Madden 2004, and I want to ask you guys before I waste 50 dollars to buy this game. I haven't played a Madden title since it was on n64. I've been exclusively buying the 2k series under VC. So is it worth the dough? BTW, did anyone checkout SB celebration?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 12:07 AM   #2
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: So, should I wait for ESPN Football 2004?

go get it, you'll have a blast if you haven't played it since 64....a really good blast.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:10 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:

Teddy_Long said:
It seems like a lot of people are dissapointed with Madden 2004, and I want to ask you guys before I waste 50 dollars to buy this game. I haven't played a Madden title since it was on n64. I've been exclusively buying the 2k series under VC. So is it worth the dough? BTW, did anyone checkout SB celebration?

yeah the guys the complain have played it every year if u haven't played since 64 it will be so much more of an improvement
Old 08-12-2003, 12:14 AM   #4
MVP

Yeah, if it doesn't pan out, I am still getting ESPN Football anyway.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:19 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

If you haven't played Madden since N64, you should definitely check it out, as it is a hell of a game engine, and you will have a blast; in a way, you are the perfect audience, as you won't be burnt out the way a lot of people are on the game.

That said, I would make sure I still had $50 tucked away if I were you, as ESPN is going to be amazing, judging by the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 12:23 AM   #6
Rookie

Rook's Arena

OVR: 2

Is this years Madden very different (gameplay wise) than NCAA 2004? Because every year I get the new NCAA and play it so much that I want a change from that style and buy the new NFL2K game to get my fix. So I was wondering how big of a difference the experience is between Madden and NCAA, because I also haven't bought a Madden game in a good 3 years.

Thanks,
Rook
Old 08-12-2003, 12:26 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Not at all. If you have NCAA 2004, then you more or less have Madden as well. There are differences, but they are probably only apparent to people who put in a lot of time with both titles. The basic gameplay is very similar.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:45 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Alot of gamers pump up games so much that when they are released it does not meet their expectations ..happens all the time. If you look on the ESPN board they are completely pumping up the game, like it some kind of revolution in football gaming. No doubt when it is released there will be some gamers complaining also that the total package has not lived up to their expectations. ESPN and Madden are too completely different game styles. I had to rent 2k3 to assure myself that madden 04 would be the best thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »