Home

Interesting trick/tip

This is a discussion on Interesting trick/tip within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Interesting trick/tip

If you have ever tried to get a WR to play as the RB such as percy harvin or ever tried to get a WR to line up at QB you don't have to resort to the Wildcat.

Lets say you want to put Randle-El at QB for the steelers. change his position to QB, then IN-game sub him in to the specific formation you want him to Play QB. then quit the game and change him back to receiver.

This would work for WRs playing RB, RBs playing QB, Qbs playing receiver. granted some ppl might use this to lineup Desean jackson as a QB and exploit it. But if you are like me and you enjoy having Some of those role players doing their thing like Harvin randle-el cribbs, seneca wallace at WR, then it's a great strategy.

I like this because in my opinion blocking for the wildcat is just awful, you have no time to do anything. try it out, sounds like a lot of work but it's worth it imo.

other suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Niekro4President's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Interesting trick/tip

Can you even in-game sub people into positions anymore? I knew you used to be able to, but I haven't been able to find that screen.

I'd love to be able to do package specific substitutions.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niekro4President
Can you even in-game sub people into positions anymore? I knew you used to be able to, but I haven't been able to find that screen.

I'd love to be able to do package specific substitutions.
You can, but you have to do it from the playcalling screen when you are selecting the formation. Its R1 for the PS3 I think. It's kind of annoying that way though since the play clock is still running so you have to be quick or you're going to get a delay of game.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 11-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
You can, but you have to do it from the playcalling screen when you are selecting the formation. Its R1 for the PS3 I think. It's kind of annoying that way though since the play clock is still running so you have to be quick or you're going to get a delay of game.
Clock should be running while you're subbing, or it'd be a cheese fest.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:43 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 23

Wildcat is broken anyway and will probably never be fixed, so I see no real problem with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

This is a good way to get guys like Haloti Ngata who play FB/TE on the goalline into the game as well.

Start the game, make all of the formation subs, then quit the game and save as mentioned above. The subs will save for the season.

I do this with teams I'm playing against, making sure they have the proper Nickel/Dime pass rushers, slot WRs, etc.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
This is a good way to get guys like Haloti Ngata who play FB/TE on the goalline into the game as well.

Start the game, make all of the formation subs, then quit the game and save as mentioned above. The subs will save for the season.

I do this with teams I'm playing against, making sure they have the proper Nickel/Dime pass rushers, slot WRs, etc.
I do this for CPU teams that run multiple backs so i never see just the starter when i play against them, madden still hasn't figured out the dual back or back by committee
Old 11-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Does this work for OLF?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »