Home

Does Owner Mode Seem To Be Too Tideous .

This is a discussion on Does Owner Mode Seem To Be Too Tideous . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 02:38 PM   #17
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Does Owner Mode Seem To Be Too Tideous .

LOL, how'd you become the Son of Skilz, brym?
Old 08-12-2003, 02:42 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
LOL, how'd you become the Son of Skilz, brym?

bdoughty having his little fun .
Old 08-12-2003, 03:04 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

TCrouch said:
Coaches are cool in theory...but I haven't read every single line of a Madden preview or review to answer this for me: do they actually help anything?

Will a better head coach change my player ratings, or give me more momentum? Will an ace defensive coordinator make my defense shut people down?

If it's just names, I don't care about it much. If it has some effect (even something as simple as "recommending a better play if you use the recommended play feature" would be ok), then that's a bit better in my opinion. I really don't care how much nachos cost, but I'd like to hire and fire coaches. For my Raiders, is there a "Sue the NFL" mode?

T it does effect the game ONLY if you simulate so far from what I have seen. I am playing wit the lions and we win games but are stats are horrid rank 23rd O and 20th on D. So then I decide to fire them and hired Jim Mora Jr and Greg Knapp (Bring the niners back together ) and the next year with mostly the same team and we become ranked 6th O and 10th D.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:13 PM   #20
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

TCrouch said:
Coaches are cool in theory...but I haven't read every single line of a Madden preview or review to answer this for me: do they actually help anything?

Will a better head coach change my player ratings, or give me more momentum? Will an ace defensive coordinator make my defense shut people down?

I don't know for sure but it seems coaches affect player performance. I fired Marty S. (SDG) after the first year and brought in Gary Kubick, who is offensive minded to coach but he had like a 38 for defense. My defense tended to be ranked around 20th with Kubick, after 2 years I replaced him with Herm Edwards and hired Kubick as my offensive coordinator, with pretty much the same roster I went from 7-9 to 11-5 and had better defensive stats.

I think they may effect player development as well.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:06 PM   #21
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i still haven't figured out how to hire/fire offensive cord. and so on. i know how to fire the head coach. some of the owners mode was a little boring to work with but i don't know. i'm using the Lions so i hope i can get some good coaches or i may use another team for a franchise. i want a team with a lot of rookies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 05:08 PM   #22
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

It wouldn't surprise me if coaches influence free agent signing as well. If you're a big time free agent WR, would you want to go to a team whose OC doesn't go downfield much?
Old 08-12-2003, 08:14 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

kinda like david boston did with san diego. what the hell was he thinking? Schotty won't throw the ball. with that said i'm a huge charger fan and hope that i am wrong.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:36 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

bxlxaxkx said:
kinda like david boston did with san diego. what the hell was he thinking? Schotty won't throw the ball. with that said i'm a huge charger fan and hope that i am wrong.

He came here because he wants to win a championship. He could care less how much he will get the ball. That is almost word for word what he said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »