Home

Any word at all about Gameplanning?

This is a discussion on Any word at all about Gameplanning? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Any word at all about Gameplanning?

With the new patches the defense plays better, but cant use gameplans for both sides.

Any word from anyone about this? Was that there last patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Any word at all about Gameplanning?

No, it's still broken.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can still use 2 controllers to get the gameplanning to work.

I know it's not perfect, but it still works.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUnit
You can still use 2 controllers to get the gameplanning to work.

I know it's not perfect, but it still works.
Really?? I don't have the game but I've been contemplating getting it until the gameplanning snafu hit. I never really could find a solid answer to this question but I may pick the game up now. Does this allow you to have a separate gameplan for each team or does one team still have the default one?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
Really?? I don't have the game but I've been contemplating getting it until the gameplanning snafu hit. I never really could find a solid answer to this question but I may pick the game up now. Does this allow you to have a separate gameplan for each team or does one team still have the default one?

You basically start a 2 player game and assign gameplans to each team. After the game starts, put your opponent's controller back to the CPU. The first play of the game will be a "user vs. user" play, then everything should be back to normal with the CPU taking over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

wow very interesting post, let me get this strait the new thing they implemented for teams to have some sort of indiviualism and to be there actual playbooks is broken ? so in reality all cpu teams use the same playbook by default so you do not get them unless you start game pause move it from 2 player back to single player. you got to be kidding me right it is almost december and they have not fixed it lol wow simply wow. they bragged how it would give madden a new feel of not always playing the same team with these playbooks. can you tell me if there actually going to fix it and if it is broken for both systems ps3 and xbox360 i might just pass on it i was going to buy it for ps3 in 2 weeks.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
wow very interesting post, let me get this strait the new thing they implemented for teams to have some sort of indiviualism and to be there actual playbooks is broken ? so in reality all cpu teams use the same playbook by default so you do not get them unless you start game pause move it from 2 player back to single player. you got to be kidding me right it is almost december and they have not fixed it lol wow simply wow. they bragged how it would give madden a new feel of not always playing the same team with these playbooks. can you tell me if there actually going to fix it and if it is broken for both systems ps3 and xbox360 i might just pass on it i was going to buy it for ps3 in 2 weeks.
Every play book for the cpu is different. The reason a lot of us were using gameplanning for the cpu was to take out a lot of exploit plays so the CPU would be much harder to beat and you would also get a more realistic game in terms of play calling by the cpu.

EG - removing all the streaks on offense so they don't bomb away, removing a lot of the CB blitz's which are rare yet the CPu would run them a dozen times a game. So the teams still have their own play books and play styles.

I don't use game planning for myself. I use the entire playbook like I always have in Madden and as most Madden vets do. So my workaround is quite simple:

I assign the game plans I want to the cpu team and go into the game as the team I will play against. Then right before the kickoff I change the controller to the team I want to use. The only play I miss is the opening kickoff.

Simple and easy and no big deal.

If you want to use a game plan for you and the cpu...then yes the 2 controller workaround is the band aid.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Every play book for the cpu is different. The reason a lot of us were using gameplanning for the cpu was to take out a lot of exploit plays so the CPU would be much harder to beat and you would also get a more realistic game in terms of play calling by the cpu.

EG - removing all the streaks on offense so they don't bomb away, removing a lot of the CB blitz's which are rare yet the CPu would run them a dozen times a game. So the teams still have their own play books and play styles.

I don't use game planning for myself. I use the entire playbook like I always have in Madden and as most Madden vets do. So my workaround is quite simple:

I assign the game plans I want to the cpu team and go into the game as the team I will play against. Then right before the kickoff I change the controller to the team I want to use. The only play I miss is the opening kickoff.

Simple and easy and no big deal.

If you want to use a game plan for you and the cpu...then yes the 2 controller workaround is the band aid.
Yes this works, but doesn't it default all cpu sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »