Home

Quick Franchise WR Question

This is a discussion on Quick Franchise WR Question within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Quick Franchise WR Question

I recently did a Fantasy-drafted Franchise and ended up with Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant as my top WRs, but in the 2012 draft I ended up with the 1st overall pick (traded some highly rated, older OL that I had young, high potential backups for a first rounder, the other team ended up 3-13). The projected #1 overall pick was Jon Baldwin, a 6'5", 231 lb WR out of Pittsburg. When I drafted my team, I ended up with a lot of young players, so I didn't have a glaring need. I drafted Baldwin and now I'm not sure what to do. I have 3 guys who could be legitimate #1 wideouts, and I'm not sure if I should just keep them all or try and deal one out for a good draft pick.

Rating...............Calvin Johnson..................Dez Bryant........................Jon Baldwin
Age.............................27................ .......................24......................... ...............22
Height........................6'5"....................................6'2"......................................6'5"
Weight......................236................... ..................221............................. .........231
Overall........................95................. ......................91.......................... ..............89
Speed..........................95................. ......................92.......................... ..............94
Strength.....................76................... ....................71............................ ............86
Catching.....................97................... ....................99............................ ............88
Route Running..........96............................... ........99........................................ 84
Catch in Traffic..........98............................... ........97........................................ 96
Spec Catch.................96.......................... .............96................................... .....93
Jumping......................99................... ....................97............................ ............88

The way I have it set up now, Megatron and Dez are split wide and Baldwin plays in the slot. If I were going to trade one of them away, it would probably be Bryant because he would result in the smallest cap hit and he doesn't have the size that Baldwin and Johnson have. Should I just hold on to all 3 and have 3 elite WRs who split receptions (I have a good QB and could own the league passing, but I have 2 good RBs in Felix Jones and LaGarrette Blount and I like to run the ball), or should I trade someone away for probably a 1st round pick?

Last edited by Dianwei32; 11-28-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Quick Franchise WR Question

Matt Millen?
Old 11-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Niekro4President's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm in the same dilemma. I have Crabtree at 92 OVR, and two generated WR's both in the low 90s that have insane attributes, to go with a 97 OVR QB. I still have Davis and I managed to obtain another 95 OVR TE.

So I did what any normal person would do in that situation, switched to NE's playbook (my coach is Vrabel, so it's not cheese, persť) and currently have 4700 yards and 47 TD's with 4 games to go.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

Move Baldwin to TE and enjoy a 95+ OVR pass catching TE, who you can put to WR with formation subs.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz5
Move Baldwin to TE and enjoy a 95+ OVR pass catching TE, who you can put to WR with formation subs.
My main problem with that is that I have a good TE that I really like, and even if I moved him to TE, I don't throw to my TE very much. Despite his 86 Strength, I don't think that Baldwin would be able to handle blocking DEs and LBs, especially since I have to play against defenses with Mario Williams, DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, and Casey Hampton all in my division.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »