Home

Trade Finder in Madden

This is a discussion on Trade Finder in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Banned

Blue Line's Arena

OVR: 2
Trade Finder in Madden

While playing NBA 2k11 i noticed an amazing feature during my franchise mode. this feature is called Trade Finder and its a brand new feature. the point of this thread is that i believe madden should implement a similar feature in its game to improve the quality of its franchise mode. for those of you that are not familiar with it, its a feature that allows you to pick either your own player and see what the computer is willing to offer (similar to trade block however much better) or pick a player of your choice from another team and the computer will tell you what it will take to make this trade happen. many times draft picks are involved and there are many possibilities. with all that being said, i hope madden can start coming up with similar ideas to implement in its game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Trade Finder in Madden

I can't support this feature in Madden. While I think it's a great feature in 2k11, you're comparing apples and oranges. Trades are EXTREMELY rare in the NFL, and even more rare are player-for-player trades. It would be a rather pointless feature.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
Banned

Blue Line's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
I can't support this feature in Madden. While I think it's a great feature in 2k11, you're comparing apples and oranges. Trades are EXTREMELY rare in the NFL, and even more rare are player-for-player trades. It would be a rather pointless feature.
im sorry you feel that way but i do see your point. trades are rather rare in the NFL.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

They have the same thing in the MLB 2k series. I find it great and love using it. I do agree that trades are quite rare in the NFL and that Player for Player trades are even more rare, but with a simple trade logic that can be reproduced. Make it to where when you want a player the comp asks for a couple lower ranked guys and a good pick or asks for just a pick by itsself. Adding that kind of trade logic would be very very simple. Also you could make the comp outright say that player isn't up for trade at all.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
Banned

Blue Line's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl34v4g3
They have the same thing in the MLB 2k series. I find it great and love using it. I do agree that trades are quite rare in the NFL and that Player for Player trades are even more rare, but with a simple trade logic that can be reproduced. Make it to where when you want a player the comp asks for a couple lower ranked guys and a good pick or asks for just a pick by itsself. Adding that kind of trade logic would be very very simple. Also you could make the comp outright say that player isn't up for trade at all.
very good point.....madden could use many ideas from these other good sports titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I think they should implement it but only for draft picks during the season. You never see player for player midseason

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 12-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

I think it would be a great feature, especially if more detailed like in the High Heat series, or even NHL 2k8. I don't care if player-for-player trades are rare in real life - in MY universe they would be as common as in baseball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »