Home

Question - how do you run with power backs?

This is a discussion on Question - how do you run with power backs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Question - how do you run with power backs?

I got Michael Turner in my fantasy draft franchise and i can't run well with him at all. Most plays i get stuffed at the line, i will have a few runs where he powers through the defenders for about 8 to 10 yards but it wasn't often at all. My first game he had about 25 rushes for 60 yards while bernard scott, my backup, had about 12 rushes for 125 yards. It seems like i couldn't get anything going with him. Any tips on using a power running back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Question - how do you run with power backs?

push up on the right analog stick (power move) ... my power back is mike bell (eagles) and he picks up huge yards on 3rd downs sometimes.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Use a FB to lead him and follow the FB. Also, don't sprint until you get to the second level. I go up the middle with Turner with an occasional off tackle run. I always use a FB to lead me though.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

see, i'm the opposite. i have him in my online franchise and he beasts for over 2,000 yards a year easy. my success comes not from my oline (all 60 overalls since ratings dont matter there) but from NOT using a fullback.

75% of the time i notice they either get in the way, clog up holes, or just turn around to engage a defender rather than hitting the second level.

i've had this problem with both great and poor fullbacks...so i have generally been running singleback iso's (aggresive oline) or counters using motion to either bluff the run side or to pick up that blitzing lb.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

falcon, could you explain what you mean when you say the O-Line ratings don't matter?

thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I find the best way to get power backs yards is to run out of passing formations. Basicly trying to have them run through smaller defensive fronts

3 WR set with no FB and plunge up follwing the guard as he hits the LB in the second level then cutting off his hip.

Although this only works if you can pass aswell so you may have to come out and throw a couple of times to force them into a nickel pachage. I would usually come out with a pass play called and if they are in the nickel audible to a run, same formation and look, and then hit it up the middle.

Been doing this and averaging 7 yards a carry

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »