Home

CPU is defending my WRs with linebackers! can i change this?

This is a discussion on CPU is defending my WRs with linebackers! can i change this? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU is defending my WRs with linebackers! can i change this?

thanks, guys.

regarding the Pass/Run slider at 90. it feels counterintuitive because (and i'm just at work) because if it reads Pass/Run with run being the second word, i'd assume, moving the slider to the right aligns it with "Run" while moving it to the left aligns it more with "Pass." just because Pass is the first word on the left and Run is on the right. make sense what i think?

the first answer said Game Planning is NOT the answer.

from what i can see, Gameplanning just selects the plays the CPU is most likely to be used based on the package it puts out there. but, as far as i can see, it does NOT determine what PACKGAGE goes out there.

so, it the CPU puts out a dime package, Game Planning can influence what play is likely to be called. but, as far as i know, it doesn't influence that the CPU will put out the DIME package. that's the crucial diff.

i don't care what actual plays are called. i care about the CPU putting out the right D package.

Game Planning on offense has scenarios based on down and yardage but Game Planning for defense does not.

i'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

so, how can i influence the CPU's choice of PACKAGE, not play within the package? sorry to repeat myself but i'm not sure if people are getting my problem or getting that Game Planning doesn't influence personnel, just plays.

thanks.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
thanks, guys.

regarding the Pass/Run slider at 90. it feels counterintuitive because (and i'm just at work) because if it reads Pass/Run with run being the second word, i'd assume, moving the slider to the right aligns it with "Run" while moving it to the left aligns it more with "Pass." just because Pass is the first word on the left and Run is on the right. make sense what i think?

the first answer said Game Planning is NOT the answer.

from what i can see, Gameplanning just selects the plays the CPU is most likely to be used based on the package it puts out there. but, as far as i can see, it does NOT determine what PACKGAGE goes out there.

so, it the CPU puts out a dime package, Game Planning can influence what play is likely to be called. but, as far as i know, it doesn't influence that the CPU will put out the DIME package. that's the crucial diff.

i don't care what actual plays are called. i care about the CPU putting out the right D package.

Game Planning on offense has scenarios based on down and yardage but Game Planning for defense does not.

i'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

so, how can i influence the CPU's choice of PACKAGE, not play within the package? sorry to repeat myself but i'm not sure if people are getting my problem or getting that Game Planning doesn't influence personnel, just plays.

thanks.
Your interpretation of Gameplanning is incorrect. The CPU will ONLY use the plays you have selected for that situation.

If you choose nothing but Dime and Nickel plays for 4+ WR sets then the CPU will ONLY use Dime and Nickel plays.

There is also a frequency which can be set for each page.

It's truly sad how underutilized Gameplanning is and how misinformed the Madden community is regarding the feature. This was a revolutionary feature which was broken and then abandoned due to a lack of fallout from the community.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #19
Rookie

i'll go back to Game Planning tonight. i can't remember if when you choose Defensive plays if it states the offense that that d package matches up with. like for Nickel D, if it says that it's for 3 wide receivers.

if so, maybe i just didn't get the Game plan to take effect properly. i later tested the game plan with CPU offense by just having 1 running play all the time and the CPU offense game plan worked though.

too confusing. why can't EA get the basics down: when the CPU sees the offense, it gets the right personnel, just like a human would. when the game's on the line and i see the CPU with 4 wide outs i don't call a 3-4 D. it's a simple thing to program: 3 WR = Nickel, 4 = D, etc. you could adjust it situationally too, like if the score is lopsided, it could bump up the secondary to take away the big pass.

anyways, thanks for answering. perhaps there's a solution.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #20
Rookie

ok, i wasted many hours on my weekend testing gameplans to solve this problem (CPU LBs covering my speedy WRs and getting toasted all the time on pass plays).

i ran at test just to see if i could get Gameplanning to actually work since i read it was broken. i created a defensive playbook and only used a Quarter prevent play for every coverage package (nickel, dime, etc.).

it worked in many test games. the CPU always had 3 dlineman with a bunch of defensive backs playing way back. that was a good start.

then i tried to swap all the Quarter plays with a basic cover two with the appropriate number of linebackers and defensive backs for each situation. for a 3-WR package i obviously chose a nickel cover 2 with just 2 linebacks. for my dime defense, only 1 LB, obvoiusly, etc.

here's where it got all effed up. in game test the CPU WOULD NOT use the game plan. i would run a 4-WR set on first down and the Colts D (my test team) would come out with 3 linebackers. or i would run a trips set and the same thing.

this is unacceptable. i can't have the CPU playing an 80 speed linebacker covering Roscoe Parrish. it's just not realistic. i get WR separation way too easy and i can just throw a deep ball for 6 every time.

it takes all the fun out of the game.

Gameplanning is effed up supremely. yes, i got the tests to work with a Quarter D used all the time, but for some reasons when i chose realistic coverage packages to match defensive backs to WRs the CPU just ignores it.

i can't believe a basic game element like ensuring the CPU can match personnel realistically cannot be implemented.

every years there are more Madden features and gimmicks but they can't get a football basic working right.

i will experiment with Aggressiveness slider to see if that makes a difference, but i am not hopeful.

i'm pretty sure the CPU just chooses D packages based on down. it came out with 3 linebackers every first down i can remember. regardless of how many receivers i had out.

this is a gamebreaker for me. it cannot let me field more than 2 WRs at a time (at least on first downs and many times on others) or i have a clear mismatch that i eithe ingore (so what's the point?) or i take advantage of for a really cheesey completion.

can i play a franchise running only 2 WR/TE, FB/HB or 2 WR/2 TE/HB formations?

sure.

will it be realistic or fun?

no.

EA dropped the ball (again) on what is supposedly one of their great new features, Gameplanning, and even without GP, matching up D to offense should be a no brainer.

this is horrible. i will never buy Madden again till i am convinced football basics are implemented correctly.

i'm tired of marketing gimmicks and hype without solid football basics in place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »