Home

Is progression affected by the playoffs

This is a discussion on Is progression affected by the playoffs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2010, 12:02 AM   #9
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is progression affected by the playoffs

progression is a mess i know for a fact online franchise is potential only
Old 12-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #10
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Progression is affected by potential, regular season playing time, and regular season stats.
I've been playing Madden 11 on All-Pro into the 16th season and not seen evidence of playing time or regular season performance having any effect. AP did not play at age 33 (I kept him out) and not one single rating of his was effected. He remained with 97 speed and 99 acceleration until retiring at 35. That is one example, and there are loads more.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just want the old style of progression. I want the training camp and the performance based progression. Get rid of the potential rating. I miss being able to try and make Brian St. Pierre a star.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by benweird
I just want the old style of progression. I want the training camp and the performance based progression. Get rid of the potential rating. I miss being able to try and make Brian St. Pierre a star.
Performance based would be my choice. I sim pre-season so not very interested in Training Camp progression, unless the AI does it well.

I like Potential, gives me what I want to know. The real question is how does the majority feel about potential?

Anyway, my 3rd string HB A-rated with 83 speed--suddenly, at age 30, gets an increase in speed from 83 to 89. Amazing!
Old 12-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Even when progression WAS based on performance and playing time like in previous titles, the playoffs never mattered at all. I remember in Madden 07, I had Fred Taylor who was injured for most of the regular season (imagine that) but came back for the playoffs. He ran for 200 yards in both the divisional and conference games, and like 150 or so in the Super Bowl. Almost 7.0 YPC through the playoffs, and at least a half dozen TD's. And he regressed in the offseason. I was pretty pissed.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Performance based would be my choice. I sim pre-season so not very interested in Training Camp progression, unless the AI does it well.

I like Potential, gives me what I want to know. The real question is how does the majority feel about potential?

Anyway, my 3rd string HB A-rated with 83 speed--suddenly, at age 30, gets an increase in speed from 83 to 89. Amazing!
The training camp I am referring to is the old Pocket Presence drills and such.

@LSX
The players would progress after each playoff game at least the did on the old xbox versions. All the next gen games have been f'd up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »