Home

Franchise Players, What are some of your house rules?

This is a discussion on Franchise Players, What are some of your house rules? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Franchise Players, What are some of your house rules?

Gameplay:

No switch.
Playmakers sliders, tarantism strategy sliders, and the ps3 gameplans.
must use gameflow for everything.
run down clock to 8 seconds every play.
one presnap adjustment

franchise mode:
i pick 21 draftees i am interested in and order them by round i want them in (3 per). if there is a player in the round i wanted, i must draft that player. if the 3 players in the round are unavailable, i must simulate the pick. also, no scouting

for free agency, i think its hard enough. most of the time i do the resignings for all 32 teams because i like to move big players around, but otherwise i just go normally.

i very rarely do trades, but i will mess with other teams depth charts. for example, after year one of my franchise, the 2-13-1 bengals drafted a quarterback with the second overall pick. (1-15 panthers lol). i decided if carson palmer must win 2 of his first 4 games or refrain from throwing more than 1 interception a game to keep the spot. alas, he lost the first 3 games throwing 4 interceptions, so the rookie jumped in. I do this stuff all the time.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #18
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

ive never controd all 32 teams in a 'chise, but im strongly considering trying that. only playing the thursday (when available) aunday night and monday night games.... hmmmm these house rules have me wondering.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #19
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I play Coach Mode so my gameplay house rules are specific to playing that way.

Franchise House Rules
1. Only the Head Coach can provide ratings bonuses. Free agent coordinator signings must not provide a ratings bonus.
2. Can only scout 2x the total scouting capacity per season. For example, if your scouting agency allows you 24 players at a time, then you can scout 48 players for that season.
3. Maximum of 2 draft day trades.
4. Maximum of 2 1st round draft picks per season, maximum of 4 combined picks in 1st/2nd rounds.
5. Can only sign one free agent each season who has higher OVR than current starter on user's team.
6. Turn Injuries and Sim Injuries OFF in Preseason.
7. Must watch 1 of user team's division games and 1 non-division game each season in CPU/CPU spectator mode (with user team's Gameplan active).
8. Watch all non-user playoff games in CPU/CPU spectator mode.

Gameplay House Rules
1. Must use Ask Madden for all defensive play selection.
2. User can return kickoffs and punts in 1st half of games.
3. User can only use audibles in the last 2 minutes of each half.
4. No user motion or hot routing allowed, only unit/line adjustments.

I have other house rules that are not "hard" rules, but guidelines I like to follow to keep my franchise realistic. Most of them are so common sense that it's not necessary to list them.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #20
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I never run with the QB in any football game. Maybe CPU defenses can handle it now???, but I go back to the Atari, and traditionally it was always too easy to scramble.....now it is just kind of a habit for me.
Actually, it's a lot hareder/realistic now. Especially with decent difficulty/sliders.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #21
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

One I've decided to do, that has REALLY added to the drama, is to sim the first playoff game. Whether it's WC or Division round I have to sim it. It's pretty intense, but it's cool and realistic. I also supersim the 1st and 3rd quarters sometimes in the other playoff games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #22
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
One I've decided to do, that has REALLY added to the drama, is to sim the first playoff game. Whether it's WC or Division round I have to sim it. It's pretty intense, but it's cool and realistic. I also supersim the 1st and 3rd quarters sometimes in the other playoff games.
Yeah in my Browns chise in Madden 10, I started out simulating until the conference finals, and eventually simmed until the Super Bowl, only playing Thursday, Saturday, Sunday Night, and Monday Night games during the regular season.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 29

I'm trying to stop using the hit especially on kickoff coverage because I think it's way over powered, but it's been difficult for me to hold off. The other day my kicker ran down the field and forced a fumble thanks to the hit stick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »