Home

Madden NFL 08 (Updated) : Full Quarter Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 08 (Updated) : Full Quarter Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 08 (Updated) : Full Quarter Gameplay

I don't mean to thread-jack as I whole-heartedly support all projects like this but for anyone interested in older football games with current rosters you definitely need to check out Madden 08 PC. Using Mods/Tools from football-freaks.com it is easily the best football game for franchiseheads like myself. It takes some work but its well worth it to me. Madden 11 for Online Franchise, Madden 08 PC for all my single-player needs. To help convince some people here's a screen from my current franchise, I know I'm not the only one who thinks this is the coolest thing ever:

NHL: LA Kings
Old 12-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Really? I think M08 is the worst football game I've personally played. I can't say that I watched a lot of the video, but I was quickly reminded of the things I didn't like i.e. bad animations.

You could argue that the animations aren't great now and I wouldn't argue with that. But they're superior to what's shown in this video.

The gameplay mechanics in M08 are superior to M11? Never thought I'd read that. I thought EVERYONE hated that game LOL.
I guess in hindsight, Madden 08 is NOT a bad game at all. I think we were at a time when most people had the PS2/xbox days still in their heads.

I just played a game of Madden 08 and then immediately afterwards Madden 11. I feel the animations in Madden 08 are better than 11, here's why. They look more natural, they just occur more naturally, the animations don't stutter, their more smooth, very few awkward looking animations (no DB jump in the air turn in mid-air and tackle the receiver), less morphing, and finally tackling is WAAAAY better in 08. Tackling is much much more realistic in Madden 08 than 11. The things that bug me about 08 are the QB and running animations. QB's kind of look like robots when they back pedal and throw. Madden 11 running animations are far superior than 08.

A couple more things, the DB and LB super swat is in 08. Since I'm used to Madden 11, the players run around much much faster, like their in hyper mode or something in 08.

Last thing, which is pretty important, is that the player models in Madden 08 are FAR FAR superior and more realistic than Madden 11.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I never played the 360 version of Madden 08, but the ps3 version is terrible. It plays at a much lower fps rate than any other version and turnovers happen about 10x more than they should. Also, as others have mentioned the modes are really, really watered down. This game on that system is one of the worst versions in the 20 year history of the franchise.

This. PS3 owners got the shaft. Game was atrocious.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Tell me what looks better?

Last edited by huskerwr38; 12-05-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #21
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Wow, Madden 08 is being praised!!!!!

It is not even close to being better than Madden 11, at least in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

Madden 08's gameplay is better. The passing is actually harder to do in Madden 08 and its definately a lot more fluid than Madden 11. I am having a blast right now. I will admit, I thought this game was junk when it first came out but since Madden 10 and 11 were created - it makes this game a lot more enjoyable.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Tell me what looks better?

Madden 08, by far. David Ortiz had something going with this game, and Ian Cummings was on his staff too - How did we get stuck with such horrible suction tackling in Madden 09? Ian, work on the Madden 2008 engine. Fix the animations and tweak the AI and Madden 12 will be a great product.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16

What the hell is this? After 20 seconds of watching the video I had to turn it off. Madden 2008 was HORRIBLE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »