Home

Is progression affected by the playoffs

This is a discussion on Is progression affected by the playoffs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Is progression affected by the playoffs

Does anybody know if your progression is affected by how you do in the playoffs?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Banned

The Teacher's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Is progression affected by the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Does anybody know if your progression is affected by how you do in the playoffs?

Thanks
That is a good question. My guess is no, just from what I have seen from Franchise Mode.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Progression is not based on performance whatsoever, either reg season or playoffs. It's random within a set of parameters, and maxed out at the potential.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I don't think so.

The game does not track playoff games statistically.

If you look at all your season stats, you see that playoff games do not get counted.

This includes downs played and games started.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
Progression is not based on performance whatsoever, either reg season or playoffs. It's random within a set of parameters, and maxed out at the potential.
I would disagree with this. Regular season performance most certainly plays a role. A younger rookie sitting on the bench is going to progress regardless, but a player in his prime who has an off year could see his ratings decline. Whereas had that player played well, his ratings would've gone up.

I could be wrong, but I've gone through a collection of 18 total seasons in franchise, and this would appear to be accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 04:59 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I would disagree with this. Regular season performance most certainly plays a role. A younger rookie sitting on the bench is going to progress regardless, but a player in his prime who has an off year could see his ratings decline. Whereas had that player played well, his ratings would've gone up.

I could be wrong, but I've gone through a collection of 18 total seasons in franchise, and this would appear to be accurate.
I agree w/ the post above and respectfully disagree as well. The rookies will progress sometimes for no reason and others due to progression. Older players max out but if not played will regress quicker. However, something that never made sense to is once they hit 30 (for some players) regardless of how great they performed in the season they will regress.

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on twitter@UFL2012
Old 12-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

I am in my 16th season and have not seen any evidence of performance affecting progression for players on my team. Veterans in their mid-thirties who have seen very little or no action did not regress.

While I have seen some regression for players on CPU teams, guys like Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen while not playing did not regress; in fact, AP had his 97 speed and 99 acceleration to the end, and Jared Allen also kept same ratings til he retired. All this is on All-Pro.

I have one player who hardly ever played, third string HB Glover, rated 83 speed did suddenly get 89 speed when 30 years old! Plus, he also had his Catch rating increase to 95!

As far as I'm concerned, progression in Madden is a mess.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Progression is affected by potential, regular season playing time, and regular season stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »