Home

Is Michael Vick a legit candidate for the cover?

This is a discussion on Is Michael Vick a legit candidate for the cover? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Is Michael Vick a legit candidate for the cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifixx
lmao odogg clearly doesnt know what he's talking about ...

vicks been doing community work and public talks on dog fighting and animal cruelty ever since he was reinstated into the league. he's been donating money , hes been a role model for kids who could fall down the same path he did , and hes slowly changing his image. its obvious the guy is more mature than he was in atlanta and its obvious that he cares ..

lmao @ saying he hasnt done anything. the guys been doing alot since he got back into the league and people should just forgive him . what he did was ridiculous but if you never give the guy another chance he'll just go down the same road again .

anyway , i cant be bothered talking to someone so naive.

as for thread , vicks done a terrific job on and off the field this season and im glad hes getting more and more support.
In all fairness I'm sure alot of that stuff was mandated by the league as a condition of his return

Last edited by moylan1234; 12-11-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
LOL, off-topic but that was funny as heck.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #67
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
IMO it'll take him donating about 1/3rd of his pay for the REST OF HIS CAREER to dog shelters and anti-dog abuse organizations to even think about getting rid of that black cloud over his head.
Which is something he can't even do.

From the Article:

Quote:

Among the facts Munson discovered in the plan:
• Two-thirds of every dollar Vick earns goes to creditors and taxes.
• The rest of the money is strictly controlled. Think of it as an allowance.
• Vick can spend $4,250 per month on rent and utilities and $472 per month on a car. His mother, who was on Vick's payroll during his headier, pre-prison days, can receive $2,500 per month.
• Other obligations Vick owes include mortgages, child support, fees for his agent (who gets $800,000 through 2015) and for his tax lawyers (who will eventually receive a total of $2.6 million). The allowance does allow for Vick to pay $1,355 per month for private school for the two children he has with his fiancee, Kijafa Frink. (Munson calls it a "rare bit of extravagance.") • His creditors stand to receive $12 million through 2015, provided Vick continues to receive a multi-million dollar salary.
This, all on top of what crucifixx said, about how on CBS, NBC, FOX, and ESPN all talk about Vick and what he has been doing off the field, I have to ask if ODogg even watches pre-game shows?

Last edited by PGaither84; 12-11-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #68
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
It's not my job to do my research, it's Mike Vick's publicist's job to get the word out there so people like me know about it. I'm part of the general public who heard plenty about the bad things he did, I'm not going to go looking for the good. That's my entire point. If he's doing something more than NOT GETTING IN TROUBLE then the word isn't getting out there. That's his problem, not mine.
But then he'd just be accused of being a fake and a fraud. You know in today's day and age anytime a celeb does something there's cynics there saying it's not genuine and just for publicity. He shouldn't need a publicist to publicize these things, if it's really genuine the publicity should not matter. And I'm pretty sure even Goodell has come out and said how impressed he is w/ what Vick's done off the field since being released. I don't buy the 'lack of publicity' argument one bit. I'm pretty sure every Eagles game the commentators mention the fact that Vick goes out and speaks to schools about learning from mistakes. Some people just prefer to focus on and seek out the negative and ignore the positive.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 12-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #69
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

The people who hate Michael Vick couldn't name his team, his number, or even tell who he is if you have a visor picture.
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights
Old 12-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
I've not heard of him doing anything for dogs or donating money or anything like that.
well then you're living under a rock .
Old 12-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Furthermore... Tiger Woods is a dog, but Michael Vick killed dogs. Big difference. One is morally questionable, the other is morally reprehensible.
I have several controversial opinions on this subject...

First, they could put Charles Manson on the cover of Madden and I'd buy it as long as the the contents were the game I expect Madden to be.

Second, Mike Vick has already been on the cover. There are plenty of players that are good enough to make the cover that there should never be any reason to duplicate.

Third, Mike Vick served his time and payed his debt to society... Once a debt is payed, you don't keep paying on it. As far as I'm concerned his slate is clean and his transgression is negated.

Fourth, not everyone is as offended at Vick's crimes as others. Anyone that uses Vick's image on the cover as a reason to not buy the game would probably not buy for any number of other reasons if Vick isn't on the cover.

Madden fans will buy it...

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
I hope he is on the cover and I hope he gets hurt once again..
really man?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »