Home

Madden worth buying?

This is a discussion on Madden worth buying? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Madden worth buying?

Hey guys,
I'm normally more of a Madden player than NCAA, but this year I was given NCAA as a gift and I never did pick up Madden 11. Well I'm not really getting into NCAA like I used to with Madden so I haven't played it very much. I guess I just don't enjoy college video games as much as pro (i prefer drafting to recruiting and playoffs to bowls).

I'm strictly an offline franchise/dynasty player and I heard Madden did absolutely NOTHING to franchise mode this year (nothing good anyway) ... so my question to you is:

Is it worth picking up a used copy of Madden at this point? I haven't seen much positive feedback relating to Madden, but is it at least as good as M10 was, or did they go backwards this year? Are the sliders working to fine-tune the gameplay? I appreciate any constructive feedback as I really don't want to throw my money away if it's not worth it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
IMO They went backwards from Madden 10
Old 12-09-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden worth buying?

It depends, do you actually play or just simulate? If you play, man D is a lot more usable this year. The deep ball can be thrown vs good match ups. If you aren't good at picking plays, they can choose one for you via gameflow.. etc.

I like it a ton better online than previous years personally.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Check out this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-10-11-a.html

I only play offline franchise, and yeah, it is pretty much the same. But, on the field, I am liking 11 much better than 10. It just feels more real. This is the first year since 2k5 came out that I put 2k5 on the shelf. Give it a rental and see if you agree!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallH4wk31
It depends, do you actually play or just simulate? If you play, man D is a lot more usable this year. The deep ball can be thrown vs good match ups. If you aren't good at picking plays, they can choose one for you via gameflow.. etc.

I like it a ton better online than previous years personally.
Once I've settled into a serious franchise I play ALL of my teams games (except pre-season) ... and my typical routine is to take over one of the worst teams and try to develop them into a perennial playoff contender. I like to call my own plays so I have more control over my team's play style ... power run game with aggressive defense. Speaking of that, has the 3-4 defense improved at all compared with last year?

I like the challenge of controlling a team that has very few super stars on its current roster, then building thru the draft. I assume the generated Madden draft classes are similar to last year's version, but with new names?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Read the impressions thread, and the board in general. "Is Madden worth buying is just another way of saying, " ..."please summarize this forum for me."
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »