Home

OL Player Ratings

This is a discussion on OL Player Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: OL Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
To be honest, this entire game is disappointing. Both defense and offense are nowhere near realism. The bad part is the game cheats. I just finished playing a game and the CPU's QB threw a long pass for a completion. Considering the guy is rated 69 with a Catch rating of 69 and 8 years experience, obviously he is a C-rated player. So, he catches 6 passes, leads the team, and I questioned this long pass by looking at the replay. What I saw almost made me throw up. My CB, rated 92, who is supposed to be covering this guy was not. What was he doing? He was covering the same guy as another of my CBs. Thus, I had two CBs covering the same guy while that CPU WR had no one covering him! I use that defensive play a lot and there is no reason for 2 DBs covering the same guy--I did not call for double coverage and the play is man coverage. I called the same defensive play quite a few times after that and always checked the field--it never happened again. So what was the purpose for it happening one time? The CPU wanted a long pass completion to that receiver.
Did the offense run a play where the WRs crossed or anything?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-13-2010, 09:43 PM   #18

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoRweNATION
One of the many, many reasons why I sold my copy of Madden and only play it when my brother plays it. OL attributes mean nothing. You can lower a lineman's attributes to 12 in run blocking, run/pass block strength, impact blocking...whatever, and he will still hold his own just fine. Simply pathetic.
I haven't spent much time with M11, but in M10, having a great offensive line definitely helped. They opened up some gaping holes for my RBs to run through and 4 out of my 5 OL were in the running for OL of the year, all of them were rated 90+.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I haven't spent much time with M11, but in M10, having a great offensive line definitely helped. They opened up some gaping holes for my RBs to run through and 4 out of my 5 OL were in the running for OL of the year, all of them were rated 90+.
Eh, guess what, Ive used kickers on the offensive line in madden 10 and opened gaping wholes. Means nothing.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #20

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Eh, guess what, Ive used kickers on the offensive line in madden 10 and opened gaping wholes. Means nothing.
Alright, well I personally haven't had anywhere near the success running the ball as I have with the offensive line I've built for my team. And I also simulate a lot of games so it's still definitely worth it to me.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #21
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Did the offense run a play where the WRs crossed or anything?
Nope, no crossing. The WR ran straight up. It makes no sense that 2 CBs covered the same slot WR while the outside one was completely free.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »