Home

39 speed & 99 acceleration!

This is a discussion on 39 speed & 99 acceleration! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #17
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Randy Moss is a guy with elite top end speed but lower acceleration. Takes him some time to build it up
Old 12-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #18
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 39 speed & 99 acceleration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I could see a D-Lineman with great acceleration and low speed.
I kinda look at acceleration as being to that of a NBA players 1st step

Some guys in the NBA have an explosive 1st step that is how they blow by their man

Kinda like Warren Sapp he had great acceleration quick up field but i bet he couldn't beat many people in a 40 yard dash. LaRoi Glover was the same way quick as hell up the field but slow in pursuit

To be honest with you acceleration up high for certain positions actually make for better gameplay for example QB's and Offensive linemen

For QB's it would allow the mobile players to get out in space and cause damage with their legs more consistent and for OL it would allow players to pull and block out in open space much better

The offensive lineman can't pull block very well because they are slow getting to their spots....if they beefed up the acceleration ratings of the OL it would them to get to area's on the field much quicker and execute a blocking assignment much better
Old 12-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #19
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I just want to +1 AJ on his great post.

To add, this is what makes players like Wes Welker so dangerous as well. At his madden prime, he had 98 acceleration and 98agility, but only 86 or 88 speed. He would kill defenders in the short game, just like in real life, in and out of cuts and on screen plays.

Randy Moss in his prime would/did have the Madden rating of 99 speed and 99 accelration. Now that he is older, he still has great speed, but it is obvious he "lost a step... or two" in that it takes him a lot longer to get to that top end speed.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #20
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

We are talking DT here with 39 speed and 99 acceleration and no player in Madden (any roster) has that difference.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

the draft classes are ridiculous. theres DTs that are like 5'9 350, almost every draft has 1 or 2 offensive linemen that are 6'10. theres MAYBE one 3-4 sized OLB per draft. an example of skill sets not matching up with size is the DTs. seems like theres always 280lb DTs that are slow and strong and 350lb ones that are fast and not as strong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

The draft classes are jacked up, there is no doubt about it. It is true that there are elite players with great acceleration and low speed, or low speed and great acceleration, agility ( Davone Bess is a great example, poor speed, great agility). But honestly not at an extreme such as 39 speed and 99 acceleration. 59 speed with that type of acceleration yes, 39, no.

There are just tones of strange things as far such as 5'9 350 pound DT's with good speed and low strength, 6'6 HB's. Yes I had a 6'6 halfback. Sure I could have moved him to WR but the point is he was drafted that way. It's not just the ratings, is the size issues. Every draft there is like 5+ 350 poundish DT--I've seen a 350 pound DT with 66 strength and a 240 pound DE with 95 strength. That's jacked up.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #23
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

I absolutely agree with you guys. Size and strength seem quite at odds with each other. Btw, there is a 6'11" TE in my franchise, and a 5'6" HB.

Speed and size just don't make sense with many of these generated rookies. The other thing I've observed over 16 seasons is CPU players quite often get 99 acceleration regardless of their potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »