Home

When John Madden Speaks, Game Designers Listen w/ Video

This is a discussion on When John Madden Speaks, Game Designers Listen w/ Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 AM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Would absolutely love to see all three of his ideas implemented.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #10
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I hope John points out some needed presentation improvements.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:38 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 15
I'll believe it when I see it. Elite had a loud bark too with that "Real-Time Physics"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: When John Madden Speaks, Game Designers Listen w/ Video

Funny how everything that Madden is saying was done by that other now deceased football video game franchise, and his game has gone in the opposite direction. Hopefully they at least get the physics right in Madden 12.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:17 AM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I do like his mission statement though, at the end of the day it is football, so therefore the game itself must resemble the same kind of football you see on tv.

With that in mind, they really need to work on their lack of scrambling QB's. Because you know that is what you see on tv, scrambling QB's that change the dimension of the game with their feet.

As far as his cell phone, it reminds me of my dad's cell phone. What can I say older people prefer bigger flip phones. My dad wouldn't dare get a touch screen phone, he hate those things, it has to be a flip with actual physical buttons.

But if I was Madden I would definitely tell them to fix the scrambling QB issue by the cpu and stop making all of them play like they are pocket passers. Vick should play like Vick.

More punt blocks, hell punt blocks period, I never ever had my punt blocked before in Madden or NCAA. It would be cool to see less aware punters or teams that are rattled do bad punt snaps that sail over the punters head or skim the ground.

More bubble screens and middle screens would be nice. Tone down the slant route, I swear the slant route and streak route is the most used route by the cpu.

Get rid of the throw out of sack feature. Really just kill the feature, it has never worked properly since they introduced it years ago and has cause more problems for the game then enhance it.

Better momentum physics over all on all types of surfaces. You know where as if it is raining or snowing and the WR or any player for that matter try to do a sharp cut they loose their footing.

Dirty uniforms would be huge. It would be cool to see grass stains, mud stains, tuff of grass stuck in their helmet and see a player try to knock it off with their hand before the next play.

But you know the lack of scrambling by the cpu QB is huge for me for both Madden and NCAA. So I would like them to really improve in that area. Kind of point pointless to have labels and tendancies for players saying they are a scrambling type of QB but yet they don't ever run.

I want to feel threaten by a scrambling QB, I want to be forced to have to pay attention to them, be forced to have to use spy plays and containment plays on the QB.

As it is now in both football games, nobody ever have to worry about the QB doing anything but throwing the ball. If I was from another country and these football games was all I knew about the sport, I would come across with the impression the QB's in football aren't allowed to run and can only throw or hand off the ball to another player.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I hope John points out some needed presentation improvements.
With you on that. The Extra Point is a great concept but EA have done nothing to exlpore it's potential. The Franchise Mode need a revamp.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

i would like to see better special team play! for instance the cpu punter always kicks 20 yards out of bounds when instead they could coffin corner kick you back in your endzone. it is rare to be pinned back in the endzone by the punter. the wedge is still in the game but is a penalty in real life. also i'd like to see the pup list added to franchise mode. blocking field goals and extra points this year was nice to see, but i would agreee that i have yet to block a punt in my entire madden career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #16
Rookie

michfan16's Arena

OVR: 12
john madden- head designer

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »