Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #81

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
well then how come in my newly started franchise.....every single game...even in august, show the santa? thats where the problem lies......
Because your system clock is in December, not August.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
I'm sorry in advance for sounding like I'm talking down to some of you in here...... but my patience has run out.

My god people...... enough with the Santa stuff already..... Are some of you really that thick....? It's based on your system clock. Don't you realize that it started saying "Happy Hollidays" on the bottom of your screen as well.....? Sheeesh......

In Oct. games we had the Breast Cancer Awareness accessories, etc. They went away as soon as Oct. was over.

As soon as the Holliday season is over..... we'll stop seeing Santa and the Happy Hollidays theme.

As a matter of fact..... in your pre game settings screen..... you can choose "presentation type" and you can play with the Breast Cancer Awareness theme, Holliday theme, and others. When our sytem clock meets the criteria, then the theme is set automatically unless you change it yourself.

Again.... I apologize for ranting..... but I really want to see more info and feedback on this title update. I'm confused as to how anyone has it, when Ian said on his twitter that the official release of it was on Dec. 14th.... ??? Maybe the 14th is just for the U.S. ....... ???

if you're going to rant, you may want to make sure you're correct first. the breast cancer thing is not based on your system clock in franchise mode. it appears in october in your franchise, then stops when you advance past october in season. for the santa thing, he's there all the time. every game. because that's based on the system clock. it shouldn't be. it should be based on what month it is in franchise. online, it should go away after december. but as far as being a franchise feature, it should be based on the season just as the breast cancer color is.

that's why people are complaining. it is an issue and it should have been corrected.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
if you're going to rant, you may want to make sure you're correct first. the breast cancer thing is not based on your system clock in franchise mode. it appears in october in your franchise, then stops when you advance past october in season. for the santa thing, he's there all the time. every game. because that's based on the system clock. it shouldn't be. it should be based on what month it is in franchise. online, it should go away after december. but as far as being a franchise feature, it should be based on the season just as the breast cancer color is.

that's why people are complaining. it is an issue and it should have been corrected.
Thanks for thoroughly explaining that for him, i lost all energy to do so.

also, im not sure if every madden user is aware of the defensive changes that are comming on the 14th. If u play ncaa, then u kno exactly what to expect,
-say bye bye to cutback lanes in the running game
-no more passblocking, especially when the ai decides to blitz, because the user's o-line will "runblock" even if the user is in a passing play, u can imagine the outcome
-enjoy the special teams, pursuit angle improvements will render special teams useless

Thats just to name a few. I just hope im wrong, i swear i do. I love that madden and ncaa are different a little in gameplay, now it looks like its going to be the same on the 14th, we'll see then i guess
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 12-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Now, my question is, what was wrong with the defense in the first place? I have my sliders set perfect and I honestly haven't noticed anything wrong with how the defense plays.

Last edited by ryan36; 12-11-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: language was unneccessary
Old 12-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #85

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Good point. Back to impressions of the patch please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think some of us forget that this is a video game. A video game that is attempting to simulate real life. They will never be perfect. The events that take place during an NFL game are unpredictable. Fights break out at least in one game a week it seems. Birds land on the field. Streakers run across the field sometimes. People's legs give out while they're running and untouched by another player. These thoughts came to mind while thinking about how the CPU will decide how we are successful. That's the key right there, IT has to decide whether the plays we run will work or not ahead of time. It can't happen naturally like reality. I love video games as much as anyone here but it would be healthy sometimes to step back and think about what we're actually complaining about, whether it cost $60 or 20 people would still be complaining.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #87
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thwonder
I think some of us forget that this is a video game. A video game that is attempting to simulate real life. They will never be perfect. The events that take place during an NFL game are unpredictable. Fights break out at least in one game a week it seems. Birds land on the field. Streakers run across the field sometimes. People's legs give out while they're running and untouched by another player. These thoughts came to mind while thinking about how the CPU will decide how we are successful. That's the key right there, IT has to decide whether the plays we run will work or not ahead of time. It can't happen naturally like reality. I love video games as much as anyone here but it would be healthy sometimes to step back and think about what we're actually complaining about, whether it cost $60 or 20 people would still be complaining.
While I respect what I think you are trying to say, I do think what you posted is kind of off base. I think most of people that have issues with Madden are aware that it is a video game and agree, it has limitations. However, most of us determine these limitations based on what other games have accomplished. So if Madden is not doing as good of a job at simulating the real life sport that another game has, it's reasonable to want Madden to improve in that area.

I don't think most people that have complaints expect extraordinary things from Madden. They just want Madden to reach the bar that even past Madden games have in certain areas.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 29

I've never seen the breast cancer stuff and I've got 3 different franchises going and play every game. I think it is tied to your system clock too because I didn't get the game until early November.

On topic I still don't have this update, but for anyone that does has the annoying DL warp/swim move been dealt with at all? That's the only thing killing me about this game right now.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »