Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #81
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
Too many statements regarding time restraints, an too much info, and questions taken on MUT and online, not enough info on F&SS-modes. I know that you can't go into specifics, but I have the same feeling in my gut about M-12's Offline modes, that I have had ever since Madden went next-gen.

Ever since I found out what "streamlining" a mode really meant (when they stripped all of the fun out of Madden 09' Superstar Mode). So it makes me cringe when the Development team states that any portion of Madden 12' will be "streamlined". It reminds me of the bad-ol'-times that Ortiz used to say that progression/regression was "fixed", and it would be more craptastic each year.

In my personal opinion, MUT is a waste of time, resources, and space. You guys need to let Josh free from the MUT chains, and let him focus on F-Mode. Especially progression/regression, making it occur at least every 4 weeks (weekly would even be better), and have it more dynamic so that a poor performance could carry on to the following week (creating hot/cold streaks). And either dump the potential rating, or at least have it editable (on a 1-99 scale) for existing players. A functional IR, and expanded rosters would also be nice.
I agree with you on MUT, it doesn't mean a hill of beans to me; however, they said it was a big hit and they are going to stick with moneymakers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
2K is working with same code as last gen. That makes a huge difference..
I'm sure it does, and candidly I didn't know that, it's just frustrating hearing the same story year after year. This was the first year I didn't pick up Madden (in 20 f'ing years!) and frankly it sucks not having the game.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I feel for the last few years their main focus, outside of gameplay, was trying to add and fix online features besides fixing offline first. There are alot people who either don't like online, or don't play online, or who dont have online. I dont care for MUT and OTP.
People who say take off Superstar mode, it would not make too much sense. Almost every sports game has a type of Be a Pro mode that are playable. The Show, MLB, NBA, Fifa, NCAA NHL, even Elite had one, Fight Night. Maddens SS just boring to say the least, they didnt touch it in years. Taking it off wont just make Franchise better, they dont have a lot of people on the team. So they are forced to work on priorities first, and give little to any time to others. It seems as if they work on one thing one year they skip it the next, instead of refing it every year .

Last edited by illwill10; 12-11-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #84
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
No excuses of not enough time, last developers put us behind. Screw that, you are the cash cow of EA and the only NFL game on the market, hire more people or get more efficient but it's time to get off you *** and actually make changes we can see from year to year.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #85
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
man im just clueless after listening to this guys, i mean this game is named after John Madden, this man IS football, im pretty sure that he dosent want a watered down product with his name on it on the shelves, im just lost right now.
I don't think John Madden cares nor does the NFL so long that EA keeps paying them money every month. Heck, if EA used my name on the title I won't care how crappy the game is so long as they kept writing me checks.

Anywayz...looks like M12's franchise is going to suck. More excuses about time. Probably be the samething as M11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 17

I don't really care if they spend all their time working on the franchise mode to make it amazing. A better franchise mode with the same boring and rehashed gameplay is still a no-buy from me. The gameplay needs major improvements in all of the usual areas covered by the posters here. Otherwise I won't be buying another Madden game.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #87
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Well looking at the posts in this thread, I guess I might as well not waste my time listening to this podcast. I know one thing though, something had better been done to franchise for 12 or this will turn into a bad bad place. Especially since their excuse for not doing anything to franchise in 11 was that they are working on making franchise for 12 great. We'll see though.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #88
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
In my personal opinion, MUT is a waste of time, resources, and space. You guys need to let Josh free from the MUT chains, and let him focus on F-Mode. Especially progression/regression, making it occur at least every 4 weeks (weekly would even be better), and have it more dynamic so that a poor performance could carry on to the following week (creating hot/cold streaks). And either dump the potential rating, or at least have it editable (on a 1-99 scale) for existing players. A functional IR, and expanded rosters would also be nice.
Wow... selfish.

You aren't into MUT. Fine. Neither am I, for the most part. That doesn't make it a waste. It's successful... extremely successful. You don't like it and think it's a waste. Grow up.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »