Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'd be happy just to have the random generated draft classes back. These pre-made ones have killed the replayability for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #66
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

Well, it's cool to have podcasts to get some early info about Madden 12 and beyond. I think Ian and company are doing their best to make Madden a good game. I think that's all they owe anybody and I respect their effort.

That said, I really hope the exclusive NFL license comes to an end soon for the sake of EA, Madden devs and gamers. The only party this deal seems to be benefiting is the NFL. EA has spent way too much money for it, NFL gamers are limited by it and Madden devs are catching hell from both because of it.

I remember when a was in 7th grade and getting designs cut in the hair on the back of your head was in-style. I wanted to go to a different barbershop and find a barber that could do hair designs but my dad wouldn't allow it. He said if I wanted him to pay for it, I had to go to the same barber he and I had always been to. That barber at that time was like 60+ and I tried to explain to him how I wanted those designs. He had no idea what I was talking about but tried his best to do what I wanted and of course I ended up with a hot mess on the back of my head. LOL

I really hope I find Madden 12 to be a good game and if not, I don't think it will be because of a lack of effort by the Madden devs. I think it will be because not every barber can cut hair the same.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #67

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol, didn't they say this year they didn't touch Franchise so that 12 would have an awesome mode?? Man it gets old hearing "we don't have time". MAKE time dammit. Look how much 2K11 added in one year...
Exactly!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #68
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I believe this is the issue in regards to the "Heat" released in gamer's feedback.

Many are turning into Rent first gamers because of their history with prior Madden purchases.
EA is not in place were they can follow the same format of old, especially in today's finacial climate.

As far as 11 still selling. I see many trade-in copies sitting on Game Stop/Blockbuster shelves.
That's not good to see so much dissatifaction on the shelves at the cost of $63 a wop.

That's why I believe you here so much pressing about information at this time.

"Empty Wallets" tend to force you to say things when there is little satisfaction!!!
I agree, if people aren't sure about a game, they should rent it first. That's always been my best barometer.

I saw a lot of people buying Madden on Black Friday and I'm sure mom and dads will pick it up for their little ones if they ask for it for the holidays.

These podcast are something that is new, but a good idea. And people can press all they want for info, but they don't start giving out real info until the SB and bits and pieces after that.

I was going to trade mine in because I haven't touched it in awhile. I was caught off guard with the announcement of title update 5 arriving this coming Tuesday with defensive improvements.

Glad I hung onto it to find out if these defensive improvements are noteworthy.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:38 AM   #69
Pro

OVR: 33
Prior to the release of Madden 11, EA stated that they didn't have enough time to do anything much with the Franchise Mode but that it was their intention to address this in Madden 12. From the comments that were made it seems EA are once again laying down the foundations for the old 'lack of time' excuse for Madden 12's Franchise already.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:47 AM   #70
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I believe this is the issue in regards to the "Heat" released in gamer's feedback.

Many are turning into Rent first gamers because of their history with prior Madden purchases.
EA is not in place were they can follow the same format of old, especially in today's finacial climate.

As far as 11 still selling. I see many trade-in copies sitting on Game Stop/Blockbuster shelves.
That's not good to see so much dissatifaction on the shelves at the cost of $63 a wop.

That's why I believe you here so much pressing about information at this time.

"Empty Wallets" tend to force you to say things when there is little satisfaction!!!
This is very true. The WORST thing that can happen to any sports title EVER is "rent first gamers." They'll be looking for problems. Sales down= fix the damn game. It really IS that simple. Make stuff the people want.

All that being said, I found this podcast encouraging. I didn't take any def. improvements for any mode of the game...in fact it seems they tried to avoid it.

So I'm still neutral. I know the guys at top have brains, I just think they need more manpower
Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #71
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
This is very true. The WORST thing that can happen to any sports title EVER is "rent first gamers." They'll be looking for problems. Sales down= fix the damn game. It really IS that simple. Make stuff the people want.

All that being said, I found this podcast encouraging. I didn't take any def. improvements for any mode of the game...in fact it seems they tried to avoid it.

So I'm still neutral. I know the guys at top have brains, I just think they need more manpower
Agree 100%. Josh Looman is the franchise guy and has been there two years yet nothing really has been done. Talent isn't the problem, manpower and budget is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 11

The other variable in all of this is their marketing department. It's been implied that dept. plays a significant role in the planning of new features. There was a quick reference to marketing in this podcast as well.

If true, that is VERY disappointing. It begs the question: are they making the game for their marketing department or the consumer/Madden fan?

Are they basing design decisions to make someone's job in marketing a little easier, i.e., "hey guys, give us something we can use! We gotta put SOMETHING on the back of the box!"?

I raise this point because it's all about priorities. You MAKE time for what's important to you. Is franchise mode more important than a marketing idea that they want developed instead or vice-versa?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »