Home

When relocating, you lose your helmet logo and jersey!?!

This is a discussion on When relocating, you lose your helmet logo and jersey!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2003, 05:40 AM   #1
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
When relocating, you lose your helmet logo and jersey!?!

I have been reading some other boards and everyone is saying that when you relocate that you lose your uniform and helmet! I know it is more than likely an NFL rule, and thus an unavoidable problem for EA, but the create-a-jersey function in Madden isn't even up to par with NCAA's.

It is certainly not a game breaker or anything, but it would have been a nice thing to know ahead of time. You have to do your own jerseys and helmets. That is not going to be doable with a team like Carolina I doubt. I guess you could just try to do it as close as possible.

Just thought I'd let yall know before you go relocating the Colts to LA or wherever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 06:48 AM   #2
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: When relocating, you lose your helmet logo and jersey!?!

Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
I have been reading some other boards and everyone is saying that when you relocate that you lose your uniform and helmet! I know it is more than likely an NFL rule, and thus an unavoidable problem for EA, but the create-a-jersey function in Madden isn't even up to par with NCAA's.

It is certainly not a game breaker or anything, but it would have been a nice thing to know ahead of time. You have to do your own jerseys and helmets. That is not going to be doable with a team like Carolina I doubt. I guess you could just try to do it as close as possible.

Just thought I'd let yall know before you go relocating the Colts to LA or wherever.

Damn it, and No, thats not a rule made by the NFL. When the Rams moved to St.Louis they did not have to change their jersey nor did the Raiders when they moved to Oakland.

Thanks, for the heads up tho
Old 08-13-2003, 06:50 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Glad to hear it I am moving the Lions after next year and changing everything about that team .
Old 08-13-2003, 06:51 AM   #4
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Damn it, and No, thats not a rule made by the NFL. When the Rams moved to St.Louis they did not have to change their jersey nor did the Raiders when they moved to Oakland.

Thanks, for the heads up tho

Those were both a few years ago, the only recent team moving was the Browns to Baltimore where they did change their logo. Before that the Oilers moved and then changed their logo the 2nd year in Tennessee(i think that's how it went). It may be a new NFL rule, but it may just be a legal issue with the NFL, I'm surprised they let you change cities and team names at all.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

If only people knew what they were talking about. I moved the Falcons to Boston and i could change everything but i just left it alone and it let me keep the jersey and the logo. Trust me i have the game and you don;t have to lose the logo. Hope this helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 07:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can keep the same jerseys, but you have the option, even if you don't move the team to create alternates. I've created four alternates (two home, two away) for the Titans, which now gives me 11 to choose from.

It seems crazy, but I'm sure it's for some legal reason why the logo can't stay on the helmet, esp. since you can keep the mid-field logo and name if you move the team.

It's not a deal killer, but it does dampen the create a uniform option a bit in my book.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:28 AM   #7
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

So you can keep the unis, but you lose the helmet logo? That's weird. If it were an NFL legal issue, I would think that you would have to lose everything. Especially if you say you can keep the midfield logo, but not on the helmet?
Old 08-13-2003, 07:41 AM   #8
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

JWeb45 said:
If only people knew what they were talking about. I moved the Falcons to Boston and i could change everything but i just left it alone and it let me keep the jersey and the logo. Trust me i have the game and you don;t have to lose the logo. Hope this helps.

I needed to repost this b/c it seems like people didn't read it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »