Home

Future Features from a past game..

This is a discussion on Future Features from a past game.. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Future Features from a past game..

oh yeah, definitely would love it if the classic training games like DB Swat Ball and etc. came back.

on the notion of there being "no hitstick," i personally would like it tuned to where the low hit was more like madden 10 while the high hit was as risk/reward as it is now.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I miss having the training camp drills in franchise mode for sure. Definitely miss the newspaper articles as well. I think Madden should go the NBA 2k11 route and have an NFL.com feature or something like that. On this website, they could also have notes about different rookies (like how they had Adam Schefter in HC09) and basically there could be a page that kept you updated on the college season, interesting facts about the upcoming rookie class etc to get you more invested in the mode.

Someone mentioned holding out for more money and stuff and it made me think. I only played Madden 11 for a week before my brother went to college, so I was just wondering, is it still like Madden 10 where certain positions (I think it's the G's and CB's especially) make you pay them like $20 million a year for the 75+ overall guys or did they fix that this year?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
- player's interests in various aspects about your team, from talent and head coach to staff, stadium, fans, market, money, weather, mentoring, and team success are in the game, but are set to off, just like player roles from Madden 07.
Really? And how do you know this?

And you say player roles are in the game but just "turned off"? NO WAY. Player roles were my absolute favorite part of franchise mode back in the day. They not only affected how i built and managed my team, but even how i played in the games. If I had a young QB who was marked as "QB of the Future", i had better think twice about drafting another QB in the first round because he would lose that role. Or if I had a "Shutdown Corner", i would try to make sure that he didnt give up too many catches per game in order to keep that role. The roles even affected the ratings of not only the player themself, but of those around them. Player roles were the #1 feature that helped make franchise mode more realistic, immersive and re-playable for me.

Player roles 4 life!

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Really? And how do you know this?

And you say player roles are in the game but just "turned off"? NO WAY. Player roles were my absolute favorite part of franchise mode back in the day. They not only affected how i built and managed my team, but even how i played in the games. If I had a young QB who was marked as "QB of the Future", i had better think twice about drafting another QB in the first round because he would lose that role. Or if I had a "Shutdown Corner", i would try to make sure that he didnt give up too many catches per game in order to keep that role. The roles even affected the ratings of not only the player themself, but of those around them. Player roles were the #1 feature that helped make franchise mode more realistic, immersive and re-playable for me.

Player roles 4 life!
Yeah, Gaither knows his stuff. He's reliable, man.

Here's my question...I have 3, actually.
1) Position battles were cool but didn't it just lead to poorly rated players playing ahead of better guys? Didn't just increase my chance of losing? I always re-ordered my depth chart after preseason because of this. Maybe I misunderstood

2) If a guy lost his "QB of the future" tag, did he progress the same? Because just cause the game gives one an icon, if you give the other guy playing time, what did it really matter?

3) Since the OP doesn't seem to know what's in the game, and he's really off base, should I just close this thread, before false information get out?
Old 12-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #13
Rookie

cmlax011's Arena

OVR: 1

I actually miss owner mode, it made it more about running a business and running a football team than just running a plain old football team. My biggest gripe in the current gen is the fact that you can't build a team a new stadium without having them relocated. I loved taking over the Cardinals back when they were the joke of the league playing in a college stadium, and making them legitimate contenders, with a brand new stadium I built from the ground up, with money I made through owner mode. Made me feel like a regular Jerry Jones
Old 12-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Wait, so can we turn the player roles or whatever it was on? or is it something that the programmers set to off and we have no control over?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

If properly implemented, then morale/chemistry would be cool. Other than that, I don't really miss any of what's gone. Give us the ability to save in-game, as I had in my first original Xbox football game (NFL Fever, I think it was called) and ability to edit everywhere (in franchise, draft pool, etc), as these, too, have been around in videogames for years (but not in Madden now).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 08:30 AM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Wait, so can we turn the player roles or whatever it was on? or is it something that the programmers set to off and we have no control over?
The second one.

What I mean by they are set to off is that you can't "see them," and they have no impact in the game. Every role is set to have 0 impact on ratings an any other function they once had.

You could have, for example, an NFL Icon or Fan Favorite on your team and it will not have an impact on attendance, if player will/or will not sign with you, or anything.

Turning Play roles on isn't as simple as flipping a switch. you have to create menus, create icons, adjust what kind of impact each one has and how much of an impact they have, how they interact with each other, how they interact with the new ratings, how they interact with the new "progression based on potential" system, etc. A lot of work would have to go into "waking up" this dormant feature. While I really wish they would, or would have never turned it off in the first place, I don't get to make that call.

Just listen to the Podcast #3. Josh talks all about last gen franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »