Home

Future Features from a past game..

This is a discussion on Future Features from a past game.. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #17
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Future Features from a past game..

I popped in Madden 09 (ps2) yesterday and then got to thinking of this thread. It inspired me to make a video a 10 great features that the current games don't have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_9GMW-J-9A

These features along with the deeper franchise mode are the reason I believe whole heartedly that PS2 madden is still the better game.

To save people from having to watch the vid to see my list here it is...

#10 In game saves

#9 Individual press coverage

#8 Fantasy challange mode

#7 User controlled celebrations

#6 Madden Challenges/ Madden Cards

#5 Mini game upgrades

#4 Historic Teams

#3 Tournamnet mode

#2 Formation packages

#1 The Play Editor

Last edited by kjcheezhead; 12-15-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

It is ironic how the next-gen of Madden still can't live up to last-gen Madden or NFL 2k5. It's very interesting how our expectations have been lowered so much that we WISH and are only hoping for Madden to just have the features of last-gen. In podcast 3, their standard of franchise mode is based off of a game that has been out for about 3 years. It's just unbelievable.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

One of the reasons why the features are gone is not enough staff and disc space. They should use DLC more.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
It is ironic how the next-gen of Madden still can't live up to last-gen Madden or NFL 2k5. It's very interesting how our expectations have been lowered so much that we WISH and are only hoping for Madden to just have the features of last-gen. In podcast 3, their standard of franchise mode is based off of a game that has been out for about 3 years. It's just unbelievable.
So, you aren't interested in any features from HC making it into Madden. Don't you think they would try to enhance some of those features from HC?

Wow. Ok, to each their own.

I loved how deep that game was and would welcome the features into Madden.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #21
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, you aren't interested in any features from HC making it into Madden. Don't you think they would try to enhance some of those features from HC?

Wow. Ok, to each their own.

I loved how deep that game was and would welcome the features into Madden.
I listed my top 10 modes/features I want to see returned from the ps2 days. I know the play editor is connected to HC09, so that is in both games. Other than that, HC just wasn't a good enough game on the field to keep me intereseted tho I still own it. Just curious, what missing features would you most want to see returned from the HC game and where would you put them in priority next to the ones listed for the ps2 in this thread?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #22
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
#9 Individual press coverage

#2 Formation packages

Formation pacakges... individual press coverage... what are you doing to me? Argh....
Old 12-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #23
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer

Formation pacakges... individual press coverage... what are you doing to me? Argh....
Lolll. Love the pic.

I put individual coverage at 9th because it seems so minor compared to the others in the list, but I'm right there with you. Those are #2 and #3 behind the play editor for me.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:24 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
The second one.

What I mean by they are set to off is that you can't "see them," and they have no impact in the game. Every role is set to have 0 impact on ratings an any other function they once had.

You could have, for example, an NFL Icon or Fan Favorite on your team and it will not have an impact on attendance, if player will/or will not sign with you, or anything.

Turning Play roles on isn't as simple as flipping a switch. you have to create menus, create icons, adjust what kind of impact each one has and how much of an impact they have, how they interact with each other, how they interact with the new ratings, how they interact with the new "progression based on potential" system, etc. A lot of work would have to go into "waking up" this dormant feature. While I really wish they would, or would have never turned it off in the first place, I don't get to make that call.

Just listen to the Podcast #3. Josh talks all about last gen franchise mode.
thanks for the insight.

i sure hope they put in the freaking time to implement this feature! on my list, player roles are the #2 most important missing feature to franchise mode, right behind adding contracts, free agency and salary caps to online franchise.

#GoPackGo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »